Default Youtube moment...

or it would have been if somebody had been filming - which,
fortunately, didn't happen.

Mrs. Wave, in her recent bout of "redecorating" has decided that my
office is to be "renovated" - I have to admit that it's a good idea,
it's been about ten years.

But that requires cleaning it out, throwin stuff away, etc.

In my perusement of a small out of the way file cabinet, I found a
bunch of 10 guage shotgun shells which, as I remember it, I had
reloaded years ago then after my shoulder operation that same year,
never used.

Well, old shells - old breech loading 10 guage shotgun - rainy day -
haven't done any shooting in a while - the range is open at the Fish
and Game club - what could go wrong?

Did a quick D&C on the shotgun, off to the range.

First two shells fired fine - no problems. Third one - loaded up,
snugged up to the shoulder and took aim - pffft...nothing.

A little smoke came chuffing out the end of the barrel and then -
whoof - flames out the breech and barrel - no slug though.

I look down at my feet and there's the slug. :)

Oopsie...

I can't figure out what happened other than maybe a light load or it
wasn't packed right or something. It didn't feel any different than
the other two that I loaded - in terms of weight, but who would pay
attention to something like that.

I weighed the other shells and they were all right on the money, but I
wasn't going to take any more chances with old ammo. I gave them to
the club warden - he's going to disassemble them and throw them away.

Now the question is what am I going to do with the .45 bullets I
reloaded ten or so years ago? :)

A moment of silence please ... Eisboch[_4_] General 29 June 2nd 09 01:04 PM
Senior moment John H[_8_] General 4 January 4th 09 03:12 PM
Download YouTube and convert YouTube video to iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP bluesealover Cruising 0 September 10th 07 08:54 PM
moment of zen Scout ASA 25 July 27th 07 11:19 PM
( OT ) A Cronkite Moment? Jim General 0 May 9th 04 12:03 AM