posted to rec.boats.building

Default NPT and BSP taper threads

I am looking at getting some water filters, 20 inch housings, with 3/4
inch NPT female connections in plastic tops. Can I get away with
screwing in 3/4 BSP TAPER male brass compression fittings, using a
good wind of PTFE tape??
Both NPT and BSPT are 14 TPI and the nominal NPT is 1.050 inch OD and
BSPT is
fractionally smaller at 1.041 inch OD, so should fit in. I know that
there is a 5 degree difference between thread angle.

TVMIA
posted to rec.boats.building

You could certainly try to get away with it, or - perhaps more seaman-
like - install an NPT - BSPT adapter.

A quick search shows wide availability, including:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#brass-threa...ttings/=45nv6s

MW
Los Angeles

On 21 Oct, 16:10, Mike Worrall wrote:
You could certainly try to get away with it, or - perhaps more seaman-
like - install an NPT - BSPT adapter.

A quick search shows wide availability, including:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#brass-threa...ttings/=45nv6s

MW
Los Angeles

Thanks - at $32 a piece and I need 10 plus shipping etc will be quite
pricey!!

2009 m. spalis 21 d., trečiadienis 22:13:51 UTC+8, CS rašė:
I am looking at getting some water filters, 20 inch housings, with 3/4
inch NPT female connections in plastic tops. Can I get away with
screwing in 3/4 BSP TAPER male brass compression fittings, using a
good wind of PTFE tape??
Both NPT and BSPT are 14 TPI and the nominal NPT is 1.050 inch OD and
BSPT is
fractionally smaller at 1.041 inch OD, so should fit in. I know that
there is a 5 degree difference between thread angle.

TVMIA

WHAT FITTING I WILL USE IN BSP IF THE OUTSIDE DIAMETER OF MY PIPE WITH THREAD IS 21MM?

NPT and BSP threads CS[_3_] Cruising 6 October 21st 09 02:56 PM
Fenner Taper Lock Pulleys CS Boat Building 4 August 21st 07 07:52 PM
Pirate threads Joe ASA 11 October 16th 05 04:49 PM
How many threads in a codline. Capt. Neal ASA 8 January 3rd 05 08:06 PM
LIST OF THREADS ON:LIST: NAUTICAL THREADS - OCT 26, 03 TO NOV 02, 03 - Bobsprit ASA 11 November 3rd 03 09:45 PM