Gcrothers

Default Seiwa Millenium 7 Charplotter + External GPS

Can anyone recommend an external GPS, i.e one of the dumb ones that sit on
the rail at the back with no display.

I have a seiwa chartplotter with internal gps, but it does not have an
option for an external aerial.

This plotter is fitted inside a steel hull, so reception is poor. I need
an nmea solution, an thought that the dumb external gps solution may be
best.

what do u think?

tia
garry

Joe Wood

Undoubtedly the Garmin 17N OEM GPS sensor. You feed it 12 volts; it
tells you where you are. Street price about $180.

See: http://www.gpscity.com/oem17n

Joe Wood

Gcrothers wrote:
Can anyone recommend an external GPS, i.e one of the dumb ones that sit on
the rail at the back with no display.

I have a seiwa chartplotter with internal gps, but it does not have an
option for an external aerial.

This plotter is fitted inside a steel hull, so reception is poor. I need
an nmea solution, an thought that the dumb external gps solution may be
best.

what do u think?

tia
garry

garry crothers

"Grant" wrote in message
navman make a fantastic gps active ant. in aus only about $389.00
transmits nmea 0183 which i think is what you need!!
"Gcrothers" wrote in message

I managed to get a re-radiating antennae, for $40 and that is working just
fine.
But many thanks for the reply anyway

garry