John Addington

Default Spark Plug on Mercury question

I opened up the cover of my Mercury 9.9 today and saw that there were 2
spark plugs connected to the engine. On the sticker it said:

Standard spark plug: NGK BP8HS-15
Suppressor Spark plug: NGK BPZ8HS-15

I read the manual, it doesn't mention anything about the suppressor spark
plug. What is a suppressor spark plug, anyway?

To winterize my motor, do I have to fog oil into both plugs?

Thanks..

bomar

Do you listen to AM radio while the engine is running?
If so you would hear the god awful racket non suppresser plugs and wires can
induce. Suppresser plugs and wires are designed to eliminate the
interference.
It can also affect your other electronic gizmos.
No problem?
Listen to FM?
Ignore the sticker.

"John Addington" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

I opened up the cover of my Mercury 9.9 today and saw that there were 2
spark plugs connected to the engine. On the sticker it said:

Standard spark plug: NGK BP8HS-15
Suppressor Spark plug: NGK BPZ8HS-15

I read the manual, it doesn't mention anything about the suppressor spark
plug. What is a suppressor spark plug, anyway?

To winterize my motor, do I have to fog oil into both plugs?

Thanks..

Greg Moore

Dead on answer, so many people complain about cheap fish finders when in
fact it is non resistor plugs causing all the 'static' on the screen. On a
normal performance engine, no advantage to running non resistor plugs, the
slight increase in spark voltage will not benefit you. Also, think of your
neighbours if you buy plain plugs too, as you cruise through the marina and
drive their radio nuts. I always used suppressor type plugs..

And yes, of course, 2 plugs means you have 2 cylinders that both need a
coating of oil to avoid internal rust, each piston and set of rings should
be oiled for storage..

Greg

"bomar" wrote in message
[...]

John Addington

Thanks Grey... your answer really helps. I learned a lot from this
newsgroup. I really appreciate that.

. ..

"bomar" wrote in message
[...]

1996 Johnson 4-cycle - spark plug access Doug Kanter General 4 September 10th 03 02:17 PM
what is the right spark plug for a 25 hp johnson/evenrude 2 stroke mike General 2 September 3rd 03 10:00 AM
Optimax Spark Plug changes Ken Tanaka General 1 August 28th 03 04:07 AM
Spark plug damage john collins General 7 July 25th 03 05:51 PM
Engine hard to start = need change spark plug? Sled Monkey General 0 July 16th 03 07:41 PM