Default Mercruiser Power Trim

I have a 1999 Mercruiser Alpha ! Gen II sterndrive. The power trim does not
go up with the shift mounted control, but does activate with the TRAILER
button.

The service manual suggests that the switch may be faulty. I also have some
trouble shooting info in the manual to try. The trim pump is located in a
hard to get at location. before I try to get at the pump, I though I would
ask the group for suggestions.

Thanks in advance....

Dave

Jim Jim is offline

That is possible. Also is possible that the trim limit switch is out of
adjustment or defective. Two pairs of black, lamp cord like wires come out
of the top of the transom plate. The wires are 3 or 4 feet long. One of the
pairs will have a blue identifier on one wire end and a purple identifier on
the other. You can unplug the leads and check switch operation with an
ohmmeter. Only test the switch. Ohming the other side will blow the meter or
a fuse within the meter. Then you can jumper the wires together and see if
the trim switch works.
Jim

"DAVE ALONZI" wrote in message
news:laqdnQQ_8PNmwU7ZnZ2dnUVZ_tydnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
I have a 1999 Mercruiser Alpha ! Gen II sterndrive. The power trim does not
go up with the shift mounted control, but does activate with the TRAILER
button.

The service manual suggests that the switch may be faulty. I also have
some trouble shooting info in the manual to try. The trim pump is located
in a hard to get at location. before I try to get at the pump, I though I
would ask the group for suggestions.

Thanks in advance....

Dave

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:43:06 -0500, "DAVE ALONZI"
wrote:

I have a 1999 Mercruiser Alpha ! Gen II sterndrive. The power trim does not
go up with the shift mounted control, but does activate with the TRAILER
button.

The service manual suggests that the switch may be faulty. I also have some
trouble shooting info in the manual to try. The trim pump is located in a
hard to get at location. before I try to get at the pump, I though I would
ask the group for suggestions.

Thanks in advance....

Dave

If you haven't done so, take the switch apart and clean it. Do the same for
the trailer switch, even though it works now.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

Trim Woes [email protected] General 2 July 2nd 06 09:20 PM
wiring diagrame for trim tilt pump inboard 140 hp mercruiser pozz General 0 March 16th 06 07:29 AM
Power Trim problem: Motor comes up when putting in reverse [email protected] General 9 June 16th 04 03:38 AM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Cruising 21 April 3rd 04 04:24 PM
POWER TRIM TABS MANSFI General 4 January 3rd 04 01:13 AM