posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Paradise Found, aka, The Marina at Marigot Bay, Passarelles, etc.

Right now we are in a place that I call "Paradise Found", which is
more commonly known as "The Marina at Marigot Bay" in St Lucia. We
are dock neighbors with a 122 ft Feadship called "Our Toy" among other
nice boats. Everyone is "Med moored", stern-to-the-dock, which is
common down here. In our case we either rig a plank off the stern or
back in close enough to make the big step. That would not do on a
mega yacht of course so they all have these fancy hide-away gang
planks called a Passarelle allowing them to walk off the stern in
style.

http://www.cooneymarine.com/frames.p...sserelles.html

Last night I was sitting on the flybridge before dinner when a good
looking blonde appeared on the deck of the Feadship, strolled to the
stern of the boat, lifted up a recessed panel, pushed a button, and
the Passarelle magically lifted itself high into the air, like raising
the drawbridge over a castle moat. Very cool indeed. The rich are
in fact just like us but they do have more money and more toys.

http://marigotbay.com/themarina/

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Peter Prick wrote in news:MPG.261955249d37e40d9896b2
@news.eternal-september.org:

I don't get it. Did the blonde fall in the water?
Think you left something out.

I can't imagine a marina, nothing but a nautical trailer park for the rich,
being called "paradise", blonde or no blonde.

What the hell does it have a loaded brothel where the bait shop used to
be?!

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 28, 12:53*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Here's what's next to you, Wayne.

http://www.yachttrails.com/yachtspec...toy--1483.html
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
mgg mgg is offline

"Larry" wrote in message
Peter Prick wrote in news:MPG.261955249d37e40d9896b2
@news.eternal-september.org:

I don't get it. Did the blonde fall in the water?
Think you left something out.

I can't imagine a marina, nothing but a nautical trailer park for the
rich,
being called "paradise", blonde or no blonde.

What the hell does it have a loaded brothel where the bait shop used to
be?!

My guess is that some marinas that can accommodate a 122' yacht may approach
paradise. I gotta think that some of those folks have more money than
brains, and they want to spend it at some place other than "ye olde bait
shoppe."

I wouldn't know... my 23 footer only parks at places that are lucky to have
a bait shop. g

--Mike

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

10.5 thousand gallons of fuel... holy crap. 40-50 grand just to "fill her
up." How does a boat like that get fueled? Off shore by a tanker?? lol

--Mike

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

"mgg" wrote in
:

10.5 thousand gallons of fuel... holy crap. 40-50 grand just to "fill
her up." How does a boat like that get fueled? Off shore by a tanker??
lol

--Mike

I was stranded a couple of years ago on my friend's Amel Sharki 41 with
a broken Perkins 4-108 full of seawater caused by a yardbird installing
the wrong dripless gland flooding the exhaust system with seawater. I
volunteered to stay aboard and get the engine fixed at Daytona Beach
Marine.

One day this huge jet-powered monster yacht sidled up to the diesel
dock, which was equipped with standard car gas station pumps like your
local Texaco and wanted a "fill up" to its 12,000 gallon tanks that were
nearly empty.

I had befriended most of the marina staff into loaning me the marina van
many times to explore Daytona Beach's old city and go out to eat/shop.
So, I offered to help fuel the beast to let the dock staff attend to the
other guests, their nice store and captain's lounge/laundry.....

Having pumped the marina dry of diesel, a tank truck was hurriedly
called in but couldn't fuel it directly because it only had gravity feed
to the big tanks in the ground. We continued to pump on into the night
FINALLY filling the monster with enough fuel to take him a few miles
away with his FOUR giant waterjet diesels.

The owners were not aboard and the nice Australian captain and crew gave
us the grand tour, including the engine/pump compartments. What a
beautiful piece of ultra-modern marine vessel she is. Sorry I've
forgotten what the name of it was, at the moment. I can tell you where
all the fuel filler caps are located, however.....(c;] We pumped and we
pumped at 4 gals/minute....hee hee.

Master Card, VISA, Carte Blanche or American Express. We could call for
an armored car if you have cash.......or gold bars or certifiable
Rhodium.

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
mgg mgg is offline

"Larry" wrote in message
"mgg" wrote in
:

[...]

All I can say is WOW! I don't feel bad burning 50 gal of gas for a fun
weekend of skiing, wakeboarding, and fishing anymore. Those beasts burn that
much backing out of the dock!

--Mike

On Mar 28, 9:47*pm, "mgg" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

--Mike- Hide quoted text -

I was watching a deal on the Queen Elizebeth II and they were fueling
the thing up.

There was a massive and I do me MASSIVE hose craned over to it, and
people were watching the meter on the pump as it clicked off like you
would a the older gas pumps with the numbers rolling away and at a
pretty good clip. 146...147...148... etc.

The the commentator said. "Those arn't gallons, those are tons..."
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 28, 11:59*pm, "mgg" wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message

"mgg" wrote in
:

[...]

My little Chris Craft with the 140 Mercruiser 4-cyl, will give me a
good day at the lake on 10 gal. That includes tubing the gret nephews
till they can't stand it any longer, too!

The Way to Paradise algagaa General 14 January 30th 08 04:42 PM
The Way to Paradise algagaa Cruising 2 January 29th 08 02:04 PM
Fun in paradise Joe ASA 1 April 12th 07 09:16 PM
New Paradise! SUZY ASA 0 May 8th 06 07:23 PM