Default US - Frecerick e Bouchard #2

still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Attached Thumbnails
US - Frecerick e Bouchard #2-frederick_e_bouchard_2.jpg

"Bob_R" wrote in message
still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

I can't type and I can't spell.
"Frederick E Bouchard"

On 7/15/2016 10:30 PM, Bob_R wrote:
still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Very nice Bob, hard to believe that little cable pulls that big barge!

Paul

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 22:30:08 -0400, "Bob_R"
wrote:

still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Don't think I have ever seen the Fredrick "E" down this way .
Nice CC Canal shots .

"Paul McGrane" wrote in message
On 7/15/2016 10:30 PM, Bob_R wrote:
still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Very nice Bob, hard to believe that little cable pulls that big barge!

Paul

Thanks Paul.
Yup, the cable doesn't look very beefy. I assume they need to be gentle with
it, especially in heavy seas.

wrote:

still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Don't think I have ever seen the Fredrick "E" down this way .
Nice CC Canal shots .

Thanks Lee.
I decided to see where she is now and that's New York City.
Looks like she has been renamed "Evening Light" according to MarineTraffic
which sounded familiar. Turns out I posted her with her new name last
December 10th.
Maybe you will see her come through with her new name.
Bob

Default US - Frecerick e Bouchard #2 (more)

"Bob_R" wrote in message
"Paul McGrane" wrote in message
On 7/15/2016 10:30 PM, Bob_R wrote:
still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Very nice Bob, hard to believe that little cable pulls that big barge!

Paul

Thanks Paul.
Yup, the cable doesn't look very beefy. I assume they need to be gentle
with it, especially in heavy seas.

Found it! This is a link to a 4-page PDF describing using a variable speed
drive on an off-shore tug's winch. The bottom line is that the drive
maintains a reasonable tension on the tow line by feeding out and reeling in
the line so it doesn't snap. That's how they can get away with such a thin
cable.
The PDF is copyrighted, otherwise I would post it.
http://www.systems-interface.com/pdf/MARVP-AP003A-EN-E_WEB.pdf
Bob

On 7/17/2016 10:48 PM, Bob_R wrote:
"Bob_R" wrote in message
"Paul McGrane" wrote in message
On 7/15/2016 10:30 PM, Bob_R wrote:
still westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Very nice Bob, hard to believe that little cable pulls that big barge!

Paul

Thanks Paul.
Yup, the cable doesn't look very beefy. I assume they need to be
gentle with it, especially in heavy seas.

Found it! This is a link to a 4-page PDF describing using a variable
speed drive on an off-shore tug's winch. The bottom line is that the
drive maintains a reasonable tension on the tow line by feeding out and
reeling in the line so it doesn't snap. That's how they can get away
with such a thin cable.
The PDF is copyrighted, otherwise I would post it.
http://www.systems-interface.com/pdf/MARVP-AP003A-EN-E_WEB.pdf
Bob

Interesting, thanks Bob!

Paul