Pisstron2000

Default Weight of my boat?

Hi everyone - just bought my first boat and was wondering if anybody would
be able to offer an estimate of what it weighs (and trailer) so I can decide
on what car to tow it with.

The boat is a late 70's/ early 80's (I think) Mustang 4.5 metre fibreglass
half cabin with a 65hp Suzuki outboard on it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Doug Kanter

Got any truck stops nearby? If so, they sometimes have scales, so if you can
get it there, you can get an accurate idea of its weight. But, be sure to
load the boat realistically with gasoline, ice chest, tackle, and all the
other crap required for a day on the water.

If you haven't got a truck stop nearby, call your state police and ask them
for the nearest truck scale location.
-Doug

"****tron2000" wrote in message
Hi everyone - just bought my first boat and was wondering if anybody would
be able to offer an estimate of what it weighs (and trailer) so I can

decide
on what car to tow it with.

The boat is a late 70's/ early 80's (I think) Mustang 4.5 metre fibreglass
half cabin with a 65hp Suzuki outboard on it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Michael Sutton

Hi everyone - just bought my first boat and was wondering if anybody would
be able to offer an estimate of what it weighs (and trailer) so I can decide
on what car to tow it with.

The boat is a late 70's/ early 80's (I think) Mustang 4.5 metre fibreglass
half cabin with a 65hp Suzuki outboard on it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

http://www.nadaguides.com

gives the weight of the boat in their value listing
(Net weight or empty).

You can also get the weight of the motor there also.

I couldn't find your boat in there... then I realized that
you had an .au (australian) email address and It prob won't be
in there....

A google search found a similar boat by Mustang in Australia
weighing 420kg (not sure if this weight includes motor)
http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/boa...-Template.html
(this is center console, not cuddy cabin. expect cuddy cabin to
weight slightly more. weight prob doesn't include trailer either).

to be precise, pull the boat down to a truck-stop with scales
and weight it (like what another poster suggested). Since you want
tow-weight, make sure to include any gas, coolers, etc that will be
in it when you tow it when you weight it.

If the boat manufacturer is still in business, they can prob
tell you, but since it's your truck's transmission, I'd still
weigh it myself with all gear/gas to make sure.

mike
Backyard Renegade

"****tron2000" wrote in message ...
Hi everyone - just bought my first boat and was wondering if anybody would
be able to offer an estimate of what it weighs (and trailer) so I can decide
on what car to tow it with.

The boat is a late 70's/ early 80's (I think) Mustang 4.5 metre fibreglass
half cabin with a 65hp Suzuki outboard on it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You could also try a local landfill or sandpit, many have scales too.

Bill Kiene

I would guess not more than 2,000#

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
"****tron2000" wrote in message

Hi everyone - just bought my first boat and was wondering if anybody

would
be able to offer an estimate of what it weighs (and trailer) so I can

decide
on what car to tow it with.

The boat is a late 70's/ early 80's (I think) Mustang 4.5 metre

fibreglass
half cabin with a 65hp Suzuki outboard on it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You could also try a local landfill or sandpit, many have scales too.

Just got a boat, can anyone identify it? A.C. General 5 July 22nd 03 08:22 PM
Boat stalls at high RPM Rod A. General 1 July 17th 03 03:12 PM
Boat pulling to left really bad noah General 1 July 13th 03 02:43 PM
Boat illegally docked? Chuck Tribolet General 5 July 11th 03 10:52 PM
Composite flooring on pontoon boat? Calif Bill General 3 July 1st 03 03:42 AM