Default Heres NOAA's live "eye view" of Wilma chewing on Florida...

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/byx_N0Z_lp.shtml

Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 24 Oct 2005 04:58:34 -0700, wrote:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/byx_N0Z_lp.shtml

Wow - looks like Naples got smacked.

Hope NYOB is ok.

Didn't he bailout and head over to the East Coast?
*JimH*

"Don White" wrote in message
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 24 Oct 2005 04:58:34 -0700, wrote:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/byx_N0Z_lp.shtml

Wow - looks like Naples got smacked.

Hope NYOB is ok.

Didn't he bailout and head over to the East Coast?

The east coast is getting pounded pretty bad also.

NOYB

On 24 Oct 2005 04:58:34 -0700, wrote:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/byx_N0Z_lp.shtml

Wow - looks like Naples got smacked.

Hope NYOB is ok.

We're fine, thanks. In fact, I'm back home. Neighbor on either side lost
their pool cages. Ours is tilted about 5 degrees, but it's still standing.
No power, but the generator is running the refrigerators, a few lights, and
the DSL. Boat is in great shape. Storm surge never even got within 2 feet
of the top of my seawall. 15 miles south of me ("Old Naples") got a pretty
good storm surge...with calf high water running down Fifth Avenue. And of
course, Marco Island and Everglades City got smacked pretty hard.

We were riding the storm out in Sunrise, FL...about 100 miles to the east of
Naples. The eye went right over us in Sunrise, and knocked out power about
5 am. I knew we'd probably get hit over there, but at least I knew we
wouldn't have a storm surge. The wind damage in Sunrise was pretty darn
close to what we had in Naples. That damn storm didn't weaken a bit.

My biggest worry was that storm surge. Because the eye passed 25 miles
south of me, we didn't see a surge. Every thing that was even with the eye
and south of there got a pretty good surge though. The most expensive real
estate in Naples ("Port Royal") got hit pretty good I understand.

My hygienist's son is on Naples Police Dept. They started pulling over cars
with Dade and Broward County plates on Friday and Saturday...and ended up
detaining most of them until the storm passed. In fact, they were told that
they wouldn't even be arraigned until a day or two after Wilma passed. The
result? No looting. From what I understand, most of the detainees were
Haitians, and were armed.

NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 24 Oct 2005 04:58:34 -0700, wrote:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/byx_N0Z_lp.shtml

Wow - looks like Naples got smacked.

Hope NYOB is ok.

Didn't he bailout and head over to the East Coast?

Yup. Choosing to got there was not one of my brightest moments. The damn
eye passed right over my head about 11:30am. Wind gusts were up to 90
knots, even on the East Coast. Trees were down, and power was out. Water
pressure in the hotel went so low that we couldn't flush a toilet...so I
left when the worst of the trailing edge of the storm had passed.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 24 Oct 2005 04:58:34 -0700, wrote:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/byx_N0Z_lp.shtml

Wow - looks like Naples got smacked.

Hope NYOB is ok.

Didn't he bailout and head over to the East Coast?

CNN is reporting some downed trees and some flooding in the Naples area,
with modest structural damage, but there are lots of areas of the town
where their crews have not been. Many parts of the Keys are under water.

I understand that all but 35% of Key West was under water.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear you are ok.

What is a pool cage?

It's the screening that goes all around the pool and lanai so that the
mosquitoes don't chew you alive in the Summer months. They don't have them
up north because the snow would cave them in.

Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
Glad to hear you are ok.

What is a pool cage?

Hopefully, it's something that protects the neighbours from having to
watch NOYB prance around in his Speedo.