Default Early bedtime?

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 04:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 11:21:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:09:26 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

7:35
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:05:04 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Drs like to cure, John. Surgeons like to do surgery

When I was in DC I spent a lot of time around doctors, some of the
best in town. (My ex was the senior "lay" person in a big DC hospital
administrative staff) I found the surgeons to be the most skilled.
They have a trade that requires physical ability. They actually fix
things. The rest just throw pills at you and hope the problem goes
away.

Saving details but the surgeon who crammed the defibrillator into my chest couldn't have cared less whether I needed it or not....

I was only referring to the skill involved in shoving that into your
chest without killing you, although that is not a very complicated
procedure. Whether you actually needed it is my main problem with
doctors. They may know everything about the human body but a lot do
not have any real diagnostic ability. It is a unique ability and
pretty much impossible to teach if you do not have that kind of mind.
I will say the doctors in DC are better than they are around here.

This piece of space wizardry Im carrying cost about $50,000 to have done. The installation procedure takes aprox. 20 minutes. Lets say he gets $1000.00 a piece and can do 6 a day. What's he care if you need it or not? Then you have several follow up appointments which I get charged for.

I'll quit there but you get the pic. Im sure...

===

That's a big chunk of cash but you wouldn't exactly want to have it
done by the lowest bidder either.

I wonder how much of that $50K goes to cover insurance of the various
groups involved.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:33:26 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 20:44:46 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

When I was in DC I spent a lot of time around doctors, some of the
best in town. (My ex was the senior "lay" person in a big DC hospital
administrative staff) I found the surgeons to be the most skilled.
They have a trade that requires physical ability. They actually fix
things. The rest just throw pills at you and hope the problem goes
away.

Naive to the point of absurdity.

OK what do non-surgical doctors do to cure you? You get pills,
injections, creams or something you shove up your ass.
These days that choice seems to depend on the sales pitch and freebies
they get from the drug salesman as much as anything.

What surgery would you recommend for Harry to cure jock itchor
compulsive nail biting or sleep apnea or osteopenia?

First thing I'd do is unsubscribe him from 'Digital Desire'!
Tim Tim is offline

8:16
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 11:21:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:09:26 -0700 (PDT), Tim

===

That's a big chunk of cash but you wouldn't exactly want to have it
done by the lowest bidder either.

I wonder how much of that $50K goes to cover insurance of the various
groups involved.

Wayne, I really didn't want it done either. The heart doc had my wife convinced that if I took two more steps id go into AFib and be dead before I hit the floor. Odd, after I got one stent, it wasn't long before I felt better than I had in years, but he said my heart was failing.

So I agreed to the procedure to give my wife some piece of mind. That plan backfired because now she's afraid it's going to light me up.

I can't win...
Oh yeah I found out that when they say " you may as well do it, after all your insurance will cover it." What's that tell you? With 20% deductibles and many follow up device tests and apointment, It told me a lot...

wrote:

[...]

You can always say no and find another doctor

wrote:

[...]

Seems reasonable when I had an angiogram where they stick a wire up the
arm. $43000. No cutting in to the chest, or devices implanted.

Tim Tim is offline

10:10
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 11:21:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:09:26 -0700 (PDT), Tim

You can always say no and find another doctor

Oh I will. I've learned a valuable lesson. When the battery goes out on this thing I won't have it replaced. I'll have it removed. I'm aware of the complications of the lead wire removal too. Only takes 20 min. to install and maybe 4 hrs to pull everything out. They say once you have it you may as well keep it. Nope! I'm 61 and I'm not going to have this thing dictate my life.
Tim Tim is offline

10:42 AMBill
Seems reasonable when I had an angiogram where they stick a wire up the
arm. $43000. No cutting in to the chest, or devices implanted.
----

Dooood!

An early candidate for... hk General 48 May 20th 10 03:00 AM
early Valentine's Day for me nom=de=plume General 6 February 13th 10 08:19 PM
A little early to ask, but................ JimH General 10 December 22nd 05 12:15 PM
Early end to season Wally ASA 14 November 17th 04 07:36 PM