Default Another reason to own a gun...

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:03:49 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

True North Wrote in message:

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 7:14:21 PM UTC-7, True North wrote:
Even up here where the crime rate is a fraction of Flordia's, we know
better than to open the door if we can't identify who's there...especially at night.
Y'all southern boys sure are ditzy.

"Now we know why you don't shovel the sidewalk eh?"

Huh?
The city decided to clear my sidewalk for me and added a fee to my
property taxes. I had no say in the matter.

Thats the way they deal with lazy folks who are slackers on
property maintenance.

That's the way things work in this county. If grass, for example, gets
over 12" a call to the county
will get it cut and the property owner billed. The fee is added to
property taxes if not paid.

Do the counties shovel the **** you and Jim drop behind you on your
sidewalks?

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

True North Wrote in message:

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 7:14:21 PM UTC-7, True North wrote:
Even up here where the crime rate is a fraction of Flordia's, we know
better than to open the door if we can't identify who's there...especially at night.
Y'all southern boys sure are ditzy.

"Now we know why you don't shovel the sidewalk eh?"

Huh?
The city decided to clear my sidewalk for me and added a fee to my
property taxes. I had no say in the matter.

Thats the way they deal with lazy folks who are slackers on
property maintenance.

That's the way things work in this county. If grass, for example, gets
over 12" a call to the county
will get it cut and the property owner billed. The fee is added to
property taxes if not paid.

Do the counties shovel the **** you and Jim drop behind you on your
sidewalks?

Awww...poor, poor Harry.
Tim Tim is offline

10:30 AMPoco Deplorevole

True North Wrote in message:

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 7:14:21 PM UTC-7, True North wrote:
Even up here where the crime rate is a fraction of Flordia's, we know better than to open the door if we can't identify who's there...especially at night.
Y'all southern boys sure are ditzy.

"Now we know why you don't shovel the sidewalk eh?"

Huh?
The city decided to clear my sidewalk for me and added a fee to my property taxes. I had no say in the matter.

Thats the way they deal with lazy folks who are slackers on
property maintenance.

That's the way things work in this county. If grass, for example, gets over 12" a call to the county
will get it cut and the property owner billed. The fee is added to property taxes if not paid.

In my little torn in hayseed Illinois they'll let the grass get taller than that, then send you a letter to react in 30 days( which can make the grass grow higher) then if it's not cut in that time frame, the village will cut it and tack a fee on your water bill. Stuff gets taken care of really quick then..,

justan wrote:

True North Wrote in message:

[...]

Ill bet you country bumpkins don't even have sidewalks.

Not many or as many as we should have. This is still a fairly rural area.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:16:55 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Ill bet you country bumpkins don't even have sidewalks.

Not many or as many as we should have. This is still a fairly rural area.

City thinking. You folks move out to the country to get away from it
all them you want to bring it all with you.
I still do not understand why you are more than a block from a Metro
stop. I guess that is not what the doctor ordered.

Tim Tim is offline

===

She who buys the house gets to pick the location. :-)

Wise words indeed!

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:38:08 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/21/2017 3:54 PM, wrote:

wrote:

Ill bet you country bumpkins don't even have sidewalks.

Not many or as many as we should have. This is still a fairly rural area.

City thinking. You folks move out to the country to get away from it
all them you want to bring it all with you.
I still do not understand why you are more than a block from a Metro
stop. I guess that is not what the doctor ordered.

You remain clueless.

You are the one who thinks there are "Not many sidewalks or as many
as we should have" in a rural area. If you really lived in a rural
area there would not be any sidewalks. You go into town for things
like that.

That's because Harry doesn't want to pay for sidewalks. He wants the
government to provide them for him. He's entitled to a sidewalk, you know.

Just imagine the money he could make with sidewalks around his Maryland
Red Barn so all the tourists
wouldn't have to walk in the grass!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...1/VIC_0050.jpg

Morons. The sidewalks would allow kids to walk to school or to friends'
houses in nearby subdivisions without walking on a busy state road.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

Yet another reason to NOT... F.O.A.D. General 14 July 2nd 13 03:44 AM
Yet another reason... X ` Man General 32 October 2nd 11 01:40 AM
Yet another reason to never... hk General 4 May 18th 10 07:14 PM
Yet Another Reason... hk General 1 April 22nd 10 03:02 PM
Another reason Martin Baxter ASA 2 October 3rd 06 07:08 PM