Default CNBC digging deep

Now they've got a 'former Marine Corps Captain' as their defense expert. Unreal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/18/forme...ore-bucks.html

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:30:46 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Now they've got a 'former Marine Corps Captain' as their defense expert. Unreal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/18/forme...ore-bucks.html

I think this is a good description of the DoD budget and has been for
60 years. Harry Truman's last good deed was as a senator going after
waste at the war department in WWII.

wrote:

Now they've got a 'former Marine Corps Captain' as their defense expert. Unreal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/18/forme...ore-bucks.html

I think this is a good description of the DoD budget and has been for
60 years. Harry Truman's last good deed was as a senator going after
waste at the war department in WWII.

For at least two and a half decades, at least half the Military
Establishment's budget has been nothing but endless billions of dollars
poured down the toilet. For the money wasted on the military, we could
have rebuilt our infrastructure, rebuilt our factories, provided
universal healthcare, retired our national debt, provided quality
retraining for real jobs for "excessed" workers, and more.

wrote:

Now they've got a 'former Marine Corps Captain' as their defense expert. Unreal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/18/forme...ore-bucks.html

I think this is a good description of the DoD budget and has been for
60 years. Harry Truman's last good deed was as a senator going after
waste at the war department in WWII.

For at least two and a half decades, at least half the Military
Establishment's budget has been nothing but endless billions of dollars
poured down the toilet. For the money wasted on the military, we could
have rebuilt our infrastructure, rebuilt our factories, provided
universal healthcare, retired our national debt, provided quality
retraining for real jobs for "excessed" workers, and more.

Your boy, 'Baba, did so much of that, right?

wrote:

Now they've got a 'former Marine Corps Captain' as their defense expert. Unreal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/18/forme...ore-bucks.html

I think this is a good description of the DoD budget and has been for
60 years. Harry Truman's last good deed was as a senator going after
waste at the war department in WWII.

For at least two and a half decades, at least half the Military
Establishment's budget has been nothing but endless billions of dollars
poured down the toilet. For the money wasted on the military, we could
have rebuilt our infrastructure, rebuilt our factories, provided
universal healthcare, retired our national debt, provided quality
retraining for real jobs for "excessed" workers, and more.

Why would the government rebuild our factories? You in favor of the federal gov propping up and taking over private businesses in the US? Hello, Venezuela!

wrote:

Now they've got a 'former Marine Corps Captain' as their defense expert. Unreal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/18/forme...ore-bucks.html

I think this is a good description of the DoD budget and has been for
60 years. Harry Truman's last good deed was as a senator going after
waste at the war department in WWII.

For at least two and a half decades, at least half the Military
Establishment's budget has been nothing but endless billions of dollars
poured down the toilet. For the money wasted on the military, we could
have rebuilt our infrastructure, rebuilt our factories, provided
universal healthcare, retired our national debt, provided quality
retraining for real jobs for "excessed" workers, and more.

This is one of those rare things where we agree. If we would improve
efficiency at DoD, we could still have the worlds most powerful
military and do it for a whole lot less money. Unfortunately
"military" and "government" processes do not lend themselves to
"efficiency". It is more about congress bringing pork home to 435
congressional districts. Personally I think they would rather have a
new bridge than a plant making some widget in an overly complex
weapons system that we design, develop, build, deploy and then declare
obsolete without ever firing a shot in anger and then start over.
A bloated DoD just seems to make war more palatable and we get in more
of them in places where we really have no national interest.

wrote:

Now they've got a 'former Marine Corps Captain' as their defense expert. Unreal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/18/forme...ore-bucks.html

I think this is a good description of the DoD budget and has been for
60 years. Harry Truman's last good deed was as a senator going after
waste at the war department in WWII.

For at least two and a half decades, at least half the Military
Establishment's budget has been nothing but endless billions of dollars
poured down the toilet. For the money wasted on the military, we could
have rebuilt our infrastructure, rebuilt our factories, provided
universal healthcare, retired our national debt, provided quality
retraining for real jobs for "excessed" workers, and more.

Why would the government rebuild our factories? You in favor of the federal gov propping up and taking over private businesses in the US? Hello, Venezuela!

Government at the federal, state, and municipal levels is involved in
many ways in building and rebuilding businesses, including factories,
especially new equipment, and then there are the tax subsidies and
forgiveness. . Oh and I didn't say anything about governments "taking
over" businesses...you did.

Your own state of South Carolina is especially generous when it wants to
pirate a business from another state:

Jobs Tax Credit

To encourage job creation, South Carolina issues corporate income tax
credits ranging from $1,500 to $8,000 for each new job created.
Corporate Headquarters Tax Credits

Companies that dedicate their corporate headquarters within South
Carolina receive a 20% income tax credit. In addition, South Carolina
offers an income tax credit equal to 20% of the tangible property costs
of establishing headquarters operations.
Corporate Income Tax Moratorium

Qualified companies in economically distressed South Carolina counties
receive a corporate income tax moratorium for up to 15 years.
Port Volume Increase Tax Credit

Manufacturers and distributors that use South Carolina port facilities
and increase base port cargo volume by 5% (over base year totals) may
qualify for income tax or withholding tax credits.
Investment Tax Credit

Manufacturers that relocate to or expand in South Carolina qualify for a
one-time corporate income tax credit equal to up to 2.5% of their
investment in new production equipment.
R&D Tax Credit

South Carolina offers companies a tax credit equal to 5% of qualified
research and development expenses. Companies can use this credit to
offset up to 50% of their state income tax.
Job Development Credit

Instead of reducing tax liability, the Job Development Credit provides
companies with funds to offset the cost of establishing or expanding
business facilities in South Carolina. Qualified, approved companies are
reimbursed for eligible capital expenditures (land, building, site
development, pollution control equipment or infrastructure) associated
with projects that create new full-time jobs with health care benefits
for South Carolina citizens. The credits are funded by state personal
income tax withholdings, with no financial impact on the company’s
employees.
Property Tax Abatement

By state law, manufacturers that invest $50,000 or more, and
distribution or corporate headquarters facilities that invest $50,000 or
more and create 75 new jobs in the first year, are entitled to a
five-year property tax abatement from county operating taxes. This
abatement usually represents an offset of up to 20% to 50% of the total
millage, depending on the county.

A company that improves, renovates or redevelops a qualifying site may
be eligible for a credit against income taxes or license taxes equal to
25% of the rehabilitation expenses, or a credit against real property
taxes equal to 25% of the rehabilitation expenses multiplied by the
local taxing ratio of each local taxing entity that has consented to the
tax credit.

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:37:31 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Government at the federal, state, and municipal levels is involved in
many ways in building and rebuilding businesses, including factories,
especially new equipment, and then there are the tax subsidies and
forgiveness. . Oh and I didn't say anything about governments "taking
over" businesses...you did.

Your own state of South Carolina is especially generous when it wants to
pirate a business from another state:

A am not sure these schemes are that good for America as a whole but
they do pump up one states economy at the expense of another.
Unfortunately a large number never actually return as much to the tax
payer as they cost. It is sort of like building sport stadiums that
never pay for themselves or return nearly as much revenue as they
promise.
We really need to find something for masses of moderately skilled
people to do that make fiscal sense but I do not have a clue what that
would be and so far neither does anyone else.