posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Marek \Wayfarer\

Default paddling South Platte River 138 years ago

"Eight o'clock the next morning found us moving onward toward Deer
Island, which we soon reached. Here, for the space of two miles, the
water seemed to have a greater fall, and a far more rapid current, than
at Denver. Having heard so many stories regarding the dangers at this
place, which had wrecked all former expeditions of a similar nature, we
naturally approached the spot with a feeling of awe mingled with the
gravest doubts ...."

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...811/index.html

Paddling S. Platte today is better illustrated in my stories from
"Paddling on Wet Sand" series:
http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...379/index.html
http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...533/index.html

Marek
paddling blog: http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 November 18th 05 06:36 AM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
Saturday's a special day for the Little Miami River Garrison Hilliard General 0 October 6th 05 04:54 PM