Nathan Mellor

Default Touring Kayak Exercise?

What is suggested for exercise for kayak touring?

I am fortunate to have a WaterRower in my family room that I can spend a
half hour on a kayak trip a few times a week. I know rowing is not the same
action as kayaking but it does exercise some key muscles.

I've thought of doing some key excursions

Anything else I should keep in mind?

During the winter months, it is harder to find those that want to go outside
and paddle, but I'll be striving to do a good trip maybe once a month and a
pool practice maybe once a month.

Nathan

Grip

Free weights although I no longer work with big weights. No more 400lb+
bench presses since I took up yaking, less weights with more reps for
stength and endurance, curl bar is good, as well as doing curls with a
straight bar....and some machines, peck deck, I like to use the machines for
anything working muscle groups around the shoulders as white water yaking
can be rough on shoulders if you use alot of high bracing. Also treadmill
for cardio