Default Another reason to own a gun...

Keyser Söze wrote:
Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:38:08 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/21/2017 3:54 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:35:45 -0400 (EDT), Keyser Soze
wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:16:55 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Ill bet you country bumpkins don't even have sidewalks.

Not many or as many as we should have. This is still a fairly rural area.

City thinking. You folks move out to the country to get away from it
all them you want to bring it all with you.
I still do not understand why you are more than a block from a Metro
stop. I guess that is not what the doctor ordered.

You remain clueless.

You are the one who thinks there are "Not many sidewalks or as many
as we should have" in a rural area. If you really lived in a rural
area there would not be any sidewalks. You go into town for things
like that.

That's because Harry doesn't want to pay for sidewalks. He wants the
government to provide them for him. He's entitled to a sidewalk, you know.

Just imagine the money he could make with sidewalks around his Maryland
Red Barn so all the tourists
wouldn't have to walk in the grass!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...1/VIC_0050.jpg

Morons. The sidewalks would allow kids to walk to school or to friends'
houses in nearby subdivisions without walking on a busy state road.

It is rural. Walk on a path. No path? Build one. Self reliance.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:26:05 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:

Morons. The sidewalks would allow kids to walk to school or to friends'
houses in nearby subdivisions without walking on a busy state road.

It is rural. Walk on a path. No path? Build one. Self reliance.

Harry thinks if there is a sidewalk on the edge of the right of way,
cars can't veer over and hit anyone.

wrote:

[...]

Are you suggesting the kids going to Plum Point Middle School actually walk from your neighborhood?

wrote:

[...]

I don't know of any schools around here ... and we are in a very rural
area ... where school kids walk to school anymore. Seems like if you
get behind a school bus in the morning or afternoon it is stopping in
front of every house that houses a school kid. Often, the flashing red
lights go out, the bus moves 100 feet or so and then stops again for
another pickup or discharge.

Problems with sicko predators stalking kids put an end to walking any
distance to school.

wrote:

[...]

And I strongly doubt the kids in his neck of the woods walk to school either. The elementary school
kids in my neighborhood walk, but it's only about five blocks. They also walk to the closest middle
school, which is about a mile away. In this county, middle schoolers are expected to walk up to one
and a half miles, elementary up to a mile.

Yet another reason to NOT... F.O.A.D. General 14 July 2nd 13 03:44 AM
Yet another reason... X ` Man General 32 October 2nd 11 01:40 AM
Yet another reason to never... hk General 4 May 18th 10 07:14 PM
Yet Another Reason... hk General 1 April 22nd 10 03:02 PM
Another reason Martin Baxter ASA 2 October 3rd 06 07:08 PM