Default Johnny B. Goode

On 3/20/2017 11:38 PM, Tim wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 8:35:30 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/20/2017 7:50 PM, Tim wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 6:38:13 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/18/2017 9:08 PM, Tim wrote:
On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 7:09:58 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
RIP, Chuck Berry

Johnny B. Gone

He lasted way longer than I thought he would have.

That's for sure. Controversial, but had a major impact on American
music and other musicians.

Here's a chance to own some memorabilia and get a tax break, too:

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_...-berry-1248811

There are also two from B.B. King on that site.

You know, prople that do that ought to do their homework. That guitar new is worth about a hundrid fifty bucks.. Some radio station probably had a promo to give it away. Yeah it may have Chucks sig on it but the value is set at 2G and its already over 5000???
If someones wanting an investment, this isn't it.

I agree 100 percent Tim. I lost count of how many people came to my
shop with a "one of a kind" collectable guitar signed by an artist ...
usually only on the pick guard. If Fender, they were usually MIM
versions (made in Mexico) or even a Squire.

Had one guy who came in trying to load me up with Gibson guitars. They
were all Chinese fakes. By that time I had done my homework and I knew
how to detect the fakes. When I pointed out to him why I knew they were
fakes he finally confessed. Said he had gone to China and had bought
about 100 of them dirt cheap, thinking he could ship them back here and
make a fortune.

Around here, the signed guitars are usually a Fernandes, Lotus, JB Player, etc. Not even a Squier. Some crap brand that the signing artist wouldn't be caught playing if they had to.

These usual pop up right before a big rock concert which is promoted by your local "Rock 105" radio station.

My son in law used to work at a Music-go-round and a lady brought in wone of these strat wannabe's that had Tom Pettys name on it. She "won" it on Ebay for a couple grand and thought she could double her money with it She was insulted when they only offered her 75.00 for it.

At least this one has a pic of Chuck playing his legendary guitar on it right below the bridge.

Now those fake gibbons, were those the Les Pauls with the 3 screw truss rod covers instead of the customary 2? I heard they were such an excellent copy they fooled many an expert until somebody noticed that flaw. I also heard they were beautiful but the tone was less than desirable...

The Chinese Gibsons are actually very well made. They caught on to the
error in the number of truss rod cover screws after a while and
corrected that. The main difference was the angle of the head stock and
sometimes you had to compare a "real" Gibson to the suspected Chinese
copy to see the difference.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/18/2017 9:08 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

As soon as I opened the website for that Huntington "Telecaster" and saw
the head stock I knew it wasn't a Fender. The only physical part of a
guitar's body/neck/headstock design that a manufacturer can legally
protect with patents is the design and shape of the headstock.
Fender, Gibson and others have successfully sued to protect themselves
from unauthorized copies and those copies that you see have subtle
changes to the shape to get around the patents. Some of the Chinese
manufacturers can't be bothered by honoring patents, so they often
reverse engineer the shapes perfectly.

Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/18/2017 9:08 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Id not heard of the head stock angle. You would have thought they'd have gotten that right anyway

Johnny's era True North[_2_] General 2 December 7th 13 09:43 PM
Little Johnny J Herring General 4 March 2nd 13 02:16 PM
Where's Johnny? North Star General 10 June 28th 12 08:33 PM
OT That damn little Johnny guy... John H[_12_] General 43 February 4th 10 01:29 PM
For Johnny.. Don White General 1 July 20th 09 12:07 PM