RG

Default Clogged waste tank vent

"JML" wrote in message
Does anybody have a solution for a clogged waste tank vent? I have a

vaccum
head system that I think is clogged. How can I go about "unclogging" the
waste vent

I would first check and see if your vent hose has an inline filter
installed. If so, that could possibly be the culprit. Replace, or better
yet, simply eliminate the filter. Also check to make sure there are no
kinks in the hose or sags that could allow water or waste to pool. Most
blockages occur at the through-hull. Use a screwdriver to scrape out any
debris in the through-hull. You could also try blasting water through the
vent hose, but if you have an inline filter, it should be removed first.
Once one of those charcoal filters get water in them, they are ruined.

Most of the above has been paraphrased from Peggie Hall's terrific book,
"Get Rid Of Boat Odors". Well worth the twenty bucks, and can be ordered
directly from the publisher at www.seaworthy.com.