Default #54

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/25/17 11:45 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 09:08:45 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/25/17 8:59 AM, Tim wrote:
On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 6:38:02 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/25/17 6:53 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:57:03 -0500, Alex wrote:

This is a win from a charity raffle. It's a Springfield Range
Officer
1911 in stainless steel. It's a beautiful firearm:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...5-acp/#PI9124L

Also in the package was a Surefire X300 Ultra weapon light that
will
find a home on my Glock 23. They also included a custom leather
holster
but I passed on that so the charity could save some money. I
have no
plans to use an OWB holster even if open carry becomes legal here.

Raffle tickets cost $300 for a $1200 package.

That is a beautiful gun. I sure like the sights better than those
on either the Kimber or the Ruger.
Good catch.

On one of those many days when you have nothing to do, check out
youtube
and search on "Problems with Kimbers" Considering it is a relatively
expensive but low volume line of production pistols, the high
number of
serious problems is...startling.

Odd, I had a Kimber 45 and shot over 1000 rds through it and with
normal maintenance (cleaning and lube) I had absolutely no problems
whatsoever. amazing..

You can find problems with anything if you want to look

Yeah, I had a jeep for a while and didn't have any serious issues with
it, but it has a well-earned rep as one of the worst lines of vehicles
ever.

Well, did you put 'problem with cz' in google search? Startling, eh?

My reference was to actual problems with Kimber firearms documented
and demonstrated on youtube with videos. There are many of
them...hundreds, maybe, perhaps thousands. I only found a few there
with CZ firearms. Your google search is a canard. If you look up
"herring homosexuality" on google, you'll get 720,000 hits. Have a
nice day.

"Life is too short to pick fights..."

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 21:37:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:57:03 -0500, Alex wrote:

This is a win from a charity raffle. It's a Springfield Range Officer
1911 in stainless steel. It's a beautiful firearm:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...5-acp/#PI9124L

Also in the package was a Surefire X300 Ultra weapon light that will
find a home on my Glock 23. They also included a custom leather holster
but I passed on that so the charity could save some money. I have no
plans to use an OWB holster even if open carry becomes legal here.

Raffle tickets cost $300 for a $1200 package.

That is a beautiful gun. I sure like the sights better than those on either the Kimber or the Ruger.
Good catch.

Thanks!

I don't recall which Kimber you own but here is one replacement for the
front sight on the Ruger:

http://shopruger.com/SR1911-Novak-Fi...uctinfo/12976/

Apparently that one's for the older SR1911's (from reading the reviews). I'm surprised there are no
dimensions given.

I put a dot of this: http://tinyurl.com/z9np3zn on the front sight of the Heritage .22 revolver.
What a difference that made! Might do the same to the Kimber before going to the gunsmith. Hell, the
damn thing works pretty good now if there's some light.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

I didn't know they made a change and it's hard to tell what those
changes are. I'm sure my full-size is the older version but my
commander is most likely the new style.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

I'm calling my gunsmith tomorrow to see if these will fit the Kimber. If he says yes, I'm going for
them.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00070KH...I3NKK1ZDPCWDF9

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Green seems to be the best to catch the eye, I only use it on my front site/sight. A dab will do ya!

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Green's an idea. This looks like it could work too:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Salon-Per...fl-oz/24511955

Any particular product you use?