Rick

Default Power Trim Question...

I have a 1985 Merc 1150 in-line six. The twin power trim pistons have
(actually, had) a freely-rotating ball bearing at the tip where it
contacts the engine body. One has corroded and disappeared completely,
and the other is close to doing the same thing. Is this an item that
can (or needs to) be replaced, or can I live without it and not do
damage? I'm hoping that if it should be fixed it wouldn't involve
replacing the entire piston assembly. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Rick

Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative? Franko General 5 February 18th 04 12:18 AM
Newbie question, how to cut electric power ? stevec General 4 January 26th 04 05:41 AM
Power Trim Gazunni General 2 July 31st 03 02:42 AM
Power Trim Gazunni General 0 July 30th 03 01:14 AM
Power Trim JTC General 0 July 29th 03 11:41 AM