posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
lab~rat >:-)

Default Another name for a figurehead

Is there another name for a figurehead?
--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Lou van Wijhe

"lab~rat :-)" schreef in bericht
Is there another name for a figurehead?

I don't think so. I looked it up in several marine encyclopedia and found no
synonym. But then, is there another name for a rose? ;-)
--
Lou van Wijhe
Website: http://home.hccnet.nl/jl.van.wijhe/

posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Pete Verdon

Lou van Wijhe wrote:

I don't think so. I looked it up in several marine encyclopedia and found no
synonym. But then, is there another name for a rose? ;-)

Not specifically, but if you wanted to vary your vocabulary a bit in a
piece of writing about them you could use words like "flower" or "bloom".

I have a feeling that there is another word for figurehead, but I just
can't think of it.

Pete
posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Lou van Wijhe

"Pete Verdon" d schreef
in bericht ...
Lou van Wijhe wrote:

I don't think so. I looked it up in several marine encyclopedia and found
no synonym. But then, is there another name for a rose? ;-)

Not specifically, but if you wanted to vary your vocabulary a bit in a
piece of writing about them you could use words like "flower" or "bloom".

I have a feeling that there is another word for figurehead, but I just
can't think of it.

Number Skull?