Tamaroak

Default Amsoil Bypass Oil Filtration

I have been advised by both Cummins and Amsoil, who conspired to
convince me to install an oil bypass filter system to my turbo-diesel.
Cummins thinks I should use their Devac Blue synthetic, I think it's
called, and believes I can go 500 hours on an oil change, although I
doubt if I will go that long. The system has me changing one of the
filters every 100 hours and the other at 200 hours and doing an oil
analysis after every filter change. I will be particularly intereseted
in acid buildup.

This is supposed to filter out all of the littlest particles that will
wear our my motor so it will last forever. I will be using the Amsoil
15-40 Marine Diesel. I'll report back in 20,000 hours.

Capt. Jeff
chuck

It's worse than that, Larry!

The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has deleted all their
definitions of synthetic oil.

The American Petroleum Institute has never defined it.

The National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business
Bureaus has ruled that "synthetic" is a marketing term and it is the
responsibility of the marketer to define what it is.

So we hardly know what it is, much less where it comes from.

Chuck

Larry wrote:
Tamaroak wrote in news:gqadncIJHuj5cqreRVn-
:

I will be using the Amsoil
15-40 Marine Diesel. I'll report back in 20,000 hours.

Capt. Jeff

My previous statement stands....Where's Amsoil's refinery. All I ever see
is slick Amway multilevel marketing and some guy filling a barrel by hand.
Oil, even synthetic, comes from a REFINERY....not from some Air Force
pilot.

DSK

Tamaroak wrote:
I have been advised by both Cummins and Amsoil, who conspired to
convince me to install an oil bypass filter system to my turbo-diesel.
Cummins thinks I should use their Devac Blue synthetic, I think it's
called, and believes I can go 500 hours on an oil change, although I
doubt if I will go that long. The system has me changing one of the
filters every 100 hours and the other at 200 hours and doing an oil
analysis after every filter change. I will be particularly intereseted
in acid buildup.

This is supposed to filter out all of the littlest particles that will
wear our my motor so it will last forever. I will be using the Amsoil
15-40 Marine Diesel. I'll report back in 20,000 hours.

2 problems with bypass filters- it diverts oil flow that would otherwise
be going thru the system to the bearings that need it... and it doesn't
filter all oil delivered thru the system. So, while your bypass filter
may "remove" little particles, it doesn't prevent other particles from
getting to the bearings.

Instead of a bypass filter, a better full-flow filter is desirable IMHO.
The only problem with them is that they're more expensive and neglect
causes greater engine harm (although if you neglect your bypass filter,
you probably don't give the regular filter exemplary care either).

Fair Skies
Doug King

Larry

chuck wrote in
k.net:

The National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business
Bureaus has ruled that "synthetic" is a marketing term and it is the
responsibility of the marketer to define what it is.

So we hardly know what it is, much less where it comes from.

Chuck

Good grief! We could put cooking oil in there and call it "Synthetic"!

No thanks. Truckers with hundreds of thousands of miles on their diesels
tell me to use Velo 400. I don't think it's different from Rotella T, just
the name is different. Well, in either case we know it's OIL!

They sure are secretive about what Amway.....er, ah....Amsoil really is...

What are they hiding??

--
Larry

Boots

I have been a dealer of Ams/Oil since 1974. And let me tell
you that what they say you can take to the bank. I have use
it since '74 in all my cars and never a problem. It is a
good product.
"DSK" wrote in message
Tamaroak wrote:
[...]

Larry

"Boots" wrote in news:1128125197_36173@spool6-
east.superfeed.net:

I have been a dealer of Ams/Oil since 1974. And let me tell
you that what they say you can take to the bank. I have use
it since '74 in all my cars and never a problem. It is a
good product.

You MUST know where the refinery and chemical plant for Amsoil is located.
Noone seems to be able to find it, including the Superior, WI, Chamber of
Commerce when I called them.

Any idea where it's located and what its phone number is?

--
Larry

Sneaky Amsoil Advertising??? Peter Beerson ASA 3 April 19th 05 08:32 PM
Clinton Heart bypass Jim General 0 September 4th 04 06:07 PM
Desalination by 2 stage nano filtration not RO - what's the difference? Panama Cruising 2 November 15th 03 02:23 AM
Amsoil for premix 2 cycle outboard Bill Donahue General 2 October 6th 03 09:57 PM
Synthetic oil in a outboard engine ? JG General 6 August 20th 03 04:27 PM