posted to rec.boats.building

Default Teflon tape on diesel line fittings?

On Tuesday, January 12, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Gary H. Lucas wrote:
A small warning about teflon tape. Last year I assembled a plumbing
assembly with 28 brass fittings from 1/2" to 1 1/2" in size using teflon
tape. I was a little upset when I had 56 leaks! Yes every fitting leaked
on both sides, and I am quite experienced at pipe fitting. I took the
fittings apart one by one trying to fix the leaks to no avail until I
noticed that the teflon seemed to roll up in little balls. I looked at all
the rolls and saw that they were made in Malaysia. I went to Home Depot and
looked at several different brands and found some marked Made in USA, Mil
Spec. No more leaks, and when I complained to the large plumbing supply
where the original stuff came from they refused to believe me. I mentioned
this to another of my customers, he responded with "Oh yeah, I never use
their tape that !@#E@# leaks!" Don't skimp buy good stuff.

Gary H. Lucas

56 leaks means you are a retard... what type of fitting where they? you used tape on compression fittings? too stupid to talk to.
posted to rec.boats.building

On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:57:55 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

That is a little confusing to figure out. The guy is too stupid to
talk to but you are talking to him?

The implication is, apparently, that in talking to someone who is too
stupid to talk to you are demonstrating that you are even more stupid
then he is. One can envision you standing on the corner ranting and
raving at a telephone post for getting in your way.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
posted to rec.boats.building