Default Poor guy ...

On 5/13/2017 6:48 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 5/12/17 8:45 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/12/2017 6:18 PM, True North wrote:
Funny you say that. One Site said the Quest was manufactured from
around 2008? Until 2016.
That seemed odd to me but maybe Mrs E got a good deal on a leftover
2016 model.
I'm sure Richard knows the story.

BTW..Toyota sent me a form letter today saying how special I am owning
a 2013 Highlander and living in this geographic area. Due to high
demand for my model they have a special promotions on to enable be to
upgrade to a 2017 model.
Aren't those car salesmen thoughtful.

It is a 2016 model. Had 3K miles on it as a dealer "demo" but is
warranted and titled as "new". Peppy little sucker though and quiet.
All that matters is that "she" likes it.

Don't know if they still make them or not.

I got a similar letter about the Nissan Altima I bought just about a
year ago. "Due to a shortage of clean, previously owned autos we can
offer you 125% of the current market value of your 2016 Nissan Altima
towards the purchase of any new Nissan product.

Geeze. Gimme a chance to put a few miles on it first, will ya?

My wife got an email earlier this year from Toyota, offering her a
fantastic trade-in on her 2016 Toyota Camry, which had a grand total of
7,100 miles on it (which the dealer knew). So we went over to the
dealership and voila!...left with a spanking new 2017 Camry and a step
up in model and trim, too. I still have no idea how this happened, but
the cost to her to do this was almost nothing.

Come on Keysor, have you done the math?
Payment is the same?
Did you pay anything to drive a way?
Did you buy it on time?
Did they add more time on to the payment program?
Sheesh, I think you just wanted attention, Look at me
I bought a new car too. And it didn't cost me anything.
Those dealers sure are stupid. Look at me!
Mikek

---

On 5/13/2017 8:09 AM, amdx wrote:
[...]

I didn't think about it but I suspect you are right about these offers.
I'll bet they only apply if you finance it through them. It just starts
the interest cycle over again.

I haven't financed a car purchase in about 25 years.
They dealerships don't like cash buyers. I was told that only 8 percent
of buyers pay cash for a new car.

When I bought my truck in 2008 the salesman tried hard to convince me to
finance it through Ford but I told him I wasn't interested. He then
tried to get me to finance it, even if I just paid it off in a month or
two. They must get some kind of kickback if the vehicle is financed
through the financing arm of the manufacturer.

On 5/13/17 8:09 AM, amdx wrote:
[...]

It's more than you can do to figure out how to buy health insurance.
Call back when you figure that one out.

On 5/13/17 8:22 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/13/2017 8:09 AM, amdx wrote:
[...]

Toyota was offering zero percent financing. As in 0%. I'm not saying the
dealership doesn't get a kickback from that. Anything is possible.

On Sat, 13 May 2017 08:03:39 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2017 7:48 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Funny thing is that for me I've pretty much lost interest in cars in
general. As long as it runs well and is comfortable to drive I really
don't care what it is. The days of styling differences and even
performance differences are long over. The styling of cars today is
determined by wind tunnel testing to optimize gas mileage ratings. As a
result, the Toyotas, Nissans, Fords, Chevys, Hondas, etc., all look the
same from 20 feet away. No question the engines have improved
enormously. My brain is still stuck in the 60's and 70's when a car
approaching 100k miles was ready for the junkyard. Today, it's
considered "low mileage". My younger son just replaced a Saturn (one
that I had for a while) with another Saturn called a "Vue". The Saturn
he replaced it with had 198K miles on it and still ran fine, other than
a small oil leak. The doors and side panels of Saturns are plastic, so
there is no rust whatsoever on it.

===

We once rented a Saturn Vue for a month and I thought it was a great
little car. It had the fit, finish and feel of a good Japanese car.
I really don't understand why GM dropped it other than their usual
wrong headed decision making.

---
http://www.avg.com

On Sat, 13 May 2017 08:45:02 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/13/17 8:09 AM, amdx wrote:
[...]

Yet another off topic ad hominen attack. Mike's assertion was right
on the money. Somewhere in that deal you are paying more or paying
longer. Otherwise there's nothing in it for the dealer and that never
happens.

---
http://www.avg.com

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:03:55 AM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

I haven't gotten to that point yet. I still enjoy the performance, handling and features of a nice car. I suppose I'll be dialing that back some when I retire. I have to admit that when I drive my old yard truck it's nice to not worry about getting door dings.
Tim Tim is offline

8:22 AMIts Me
I haven't gotten to that point yet. I still enjoy the performance, handling and features of a nice car. I suppose I'll be dialing that back some when I retire. I have to admit that when I drive my old yard truck it's nice to not worry about getting door dings.

Speaking of 0% financing, I found in a local Facebook trader page, a really nice 1994 mercury Grand Markus with 95,000 miles and new tires all around. $1200.00. Cash I'm now driving a 1994 mercury grand Markus.

On Sat, 13 May 2017 06:29:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

8:22 AMIts Me
I haven't gotten to that point yet. I still enjoy the performance, handling and features of a nice car. I suppose I'll be dialing that back some when I retire. I have to admit that when I drive my old yard truck it's nice to not worry about getting door dings.

Speaking of 0% financing, I found in a local Facebook trader page, a really nice 1994 mercury Grand Markus with 95,000 miles and new tires all around. $1200.00. Cash I'm now driving a 1994 mercury grand Markus.

===

Those things last forever with a little TLC.

---
http://www.avg.com

On 5/13/2017 8:09 AM, amdx wrote:
[...]

One way or another they are making money. It's either buried in the
cost of the vehicle or some other voodoo economics but finance
companies, even if an arm of the manufacturer, don't do stuff for free.

Poor, poor 'Bama... John H[_2_] General 63 December 14th 11 01:18 AM
Poor, poor Sarah... H the K[_4_] General 20 October 31st 09 11:25 PM
Poor Poor Neal Bobsprit ASA 8 December 7th 04 04:13 AM
Poor, Poor Mooron! Bobsprit ASA 5 January 27th 04 10:20 PM
Poor, Poor Hydrorace2. Ron Hill Power Boat Racing 1 July 13th 03 03:01 PM