LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Nov 2006
Default Hey John. Are you back yet?

I thought you were getting back from your land cruise this weekend but haven't seen you here.

Two bluegrass fests back to back. Did you have fun?
  #2   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2017
Default Hey John. Are you back yet?

On Mon, 22 May 2017 14:07:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

I thought you were getting back from your land cruise this weekend but haven't seen you here.

Two bluegrass fests back to back. Did you have fun?

We had a great time although the weather wasn't very cooperative for the fest in Martinsburg, WV.
The heavy rain caused the venue to be moved inside a large tin roofed and tin sided building made
for judging cattle, horses and goats. The acoustics sucked. But it was fun seeing folks we'd not
seen in a few months and just generally hanging out.

Gettysburg had its usual great lineup. The first two days had us in hot sunshine, Saturday was cold,
and Sunday was decent again. There were several friends who'd driven straight from Martinsburg to
Gettysburg.

Martinsburg (Circa Blue Fest) lineup: http://www.circabluefest.com/schedule/

Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival lineup: http://www.gettysburgbluegrass.com/may-festival/lineup

I was disappointed that the Spinney Brothers didn't come down from Nova Scotia, but I understand
they'll be at the August Gettysburg festival.

Don White, maybe you could leave 'anada for a trip down to hear some of that good ol' Nova Scotia
hill billy music!