Jean-Marc Chatellier

Default Help on sit on kayaks

Hi there,
I am looking to buy a tandem sit on kayak,to paddle on the river with my
kid.Do they have them with dry seats?or do you have to get wet all the
time?(it's fine in the summer,but cold in the sping),and what brand is
there??
Thanx

RickPB

What type of river paddling are you going to do? There are a lot of flat water
SOTs out there and a few whitewater SOTs. I think that you are going to get
wet with all of them. Some have scupper plugs which will help keep you a bit
drier. I have a perception Torrent that is a good whitewater boat but a bit
slow if you are going to paddle flat water a lot.