Bård Henriksen

Default Volvo Penta V8 serial number location

My insurance company wants to know the serial number on my Volvo Penta
AQ200D (GM305 V8). It's supposed to be a 10 digit number starting with
'22', but I can't find that number. I've found a 6 digit S/N and a P/N
on the flywheel cover and 'CU' and a 5 digit number on the valve cover.

Does anyone know where I can find the right number?

The guy I bought the boat from says that these engines don't have serial
numbers, but I don't think it's a good idea to tell the insurance
company that before I'm 100% sure. I'm afraid they'll say the engine is
stolen.

--
Bård Henriksen