Dave W

Default how do I make a bowsprit?

Good luck with your plan for the bowsprit. My only comment is that a wire
with a user installed lower fitting is much superior to a rod for the
bobstay. Sooner or later, everyone rams a float or something. A rod will
stay bent; wire goes back to its original straightness all by itself.
Corrosion at the lower end is often a problem because of the cycling in and
out of the water. By using user installed fittings, the cold working of
swaging is avoided and corrosion greatly limited. A great many designs
would benefit from having a bowsprit. It reduces weather helm and is a
perfect place for storing the anchor in the ready position.