Junior Member

Default Glass-bottom boating

Hi there,
I had found out something new in boat building. Something called Glass-Boat which I had found out from the Blount small ship adventures portal https://www.blountsmallshipadventure...23_625x455.jpg. I think it is a cool idea. What do you guys think?
posted to rec.boats.building

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:18:17 +0100, Lizy Anna
wrote:

Hi there,
I had found out something new in boat building. Something called
Glass-Boat which I had found out from the Blount small ship adventures
portal http://tinyurl.com/haypspy. I think it is a cool idea. What do
you guys think?

They have been in common use in areas that are frequented by tourists
since the late 1800's, apparently. Some claim that they originated in
S. Florida.

There is also a technique called a "glass bottomed bucket" where the
bottom of a pail or bucket is replaced by glass (or plastic) for
individual viewing.

see: https://www.furycat.com/key-west/his...ss-bottom-boat
http://www.tropicalboating.com/2008/...-bottom-bucket
--