dh@.

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

The last time I rode my Jet Ski it gave me a problem
with overheating. The cause is that there wasn't much
of a stream of water running through it to cool it. The
stream from the outlet hole was very inconsistent, and
looked like it might be clogged by something. I ran it
up on a beach too fast the day before, and was afraid
that might cause a problem. If that's what is likely to
have done it, and there is a way of cleaning out whatever
may be causing a clog, can anyone tell me how to do it?

dh@. wrote in message ...
The last time I rode my Jet Ski it gave me a problem
with overheating. The cause is that there wasn't much
of a stream of water running through it to cool it. The
stream from the outlet hole was very inconsistent, and
looked like it might be clogged by something. I ran it
up on a beach too fast the day before, and was afraid
that might cause a problem. If that's what is likely to
have done it, and there is a way of cleaning out whatever
may be causing a clog, can anyone tell me how to do it?

You answered your own question. You need to clean the beach sand out of the
engine cooling passages. Get a maintenance manual for that model and it will
clearly describe the cooling system. Follow the path of the cooling water
in, disconnect the hoses, flush out the crud, reassemble.

Yes. You need to take your jet ski to an acid dip facility and leave
it in over night. Encourage your friends to do the same.

I'm appalled and ashamed (for you) that you would act this
way. You are the kind that gives the rest of us a bad reputation.

Oh my, I am so ashamed of myself.

Lighten up, and get thee to the dip facility also. Jet ski operators
have made their own bad reputations.

John

Most of the elitist geniuses here don't know how to care for their own
boats. They're too busy wishing their wives would let them have a
jetski. The last two posts shows you the quality of advice here.
You'll have better luck at rec.sport.jetski.

John

Peter HK

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm appalled and ashamed (for you) that you would act this
way. You are the kind that gives the rest of us a bad reputation.

Oh my, I am so ashamed of myself.

Lighten up, and get thee to the dip facility also. Jet ski operators
have made their own bad reputations.

You might enjoy Michael Leunig's poem "Ode to a jet ski person"

"Jet-ski person, selfish fink

May your silly jet-ski sink.

May you hit a pile of rocks,

Oh hoonish, summer coastal pox.

Noisy smoking dickhead fool,

On your loathsome leisure tool,

Give us all a jolly lark

And sink beside a hungry shark.

Scream as in its fangs you go:

Your last attention-seeking show.

While on the beach we all join in

With "three cheers for the dorsal fin!"

Peter Wiley

I hate jet skis too.

PDW

In article , Nomen Nescio
] wrote:

"

Yes. You need to take your jet ski to an acid dip facility
and leave it in over night. Encourage your friends to do
the same.

This is hateful, childish, and just plain mean spirited.

There is NO place for this kind of behavior here, or anywhere
else that may be connected with sailing, cruising, or water
sports.

A fellow mariner asked a legitimate question, to which you
chose to respond in a snide and insulting way. Just because
you don't like his choice of vessel, you think you have the
right to be dismissive and rude. That is plain wrong.

I'm appalled and ashamed (for you) that you would act this
way. You are the kind that gives the rest of us a bad reputation.

-

Scotty

''a fellow mariner'' ? Hoo hee, that's funny!

SBV

"Nomen Nescio" ] wrote
A fellow mariner asked a legitimate question, to which you
chose to respond in a snide and insulting way. Just because

You might enjoy Michael Leunig's poem "Ode to a jet ski person"

Enjoy it, chuckle?

That is pure genius.

Thanks for sharing, perhaps it will encourage the meat head crowd to
get a mirror but I doubt it.

Three cheers for the dorsal fin indeed.

About five years ago there was an incident where the driver of a high
powered jet ski was struck in the head by a duck at about 70 mph (on a
small lake, of course). The intrepid jet skiier did not survive, but
everyone's sympathy was for the duck.