Alan Gomes

Default Lubing Groco HF head

Here is a question for Peggy, or anyone else who may have some direct
experience with lubing a Groco HF head....

I would like to lube the pump in my Groco HF head with some Teflon grease.
Unless I am mistaken, it appears that the pump will have to be removed
entirely (from the base and the discharge elbow) in order to lube it. Is
there an easier way to do it on this particular pump that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Alan Gomes

Peggie Hall

Alan Gomes wrote:
Here is a question for Peggy, or anyone else who may have some direct
experience with lubing a Groco HF head....

This should work: remove the flush water intake hose from the
pump...make sure the wet/dry lever is in the wet position. Stick the
tube of grease into the pump and give it a good squirt. Put your finger
over the opening and pump the toilet to spread the grease all over the
inside of the pump. Repeat at least once.

--
Peggie
----------

Steve

For many years, I have used dishwashing detergent to clean and lubricate my
marine head. First I use it when I do the routine cleaning and then, when
finished, I give it some extra in the final flush..

This has been especially effective when I'm going to leave the boat laid up
for a while.

My experience and opinion, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Peggie Hall wrote:
Alan Gomes wrote:
Here is a question for Peggy, or anyone else who may have some

direct
experience with lubing a Groco HF head....

This should work: remove the flush water intake hose from the
pump...make sure the wet/dry lever is in the wet position. Stick the

tube of grease into the pump and give it a good squirt. Put your

finger
over the opening and pump the toilet to spread the grease all over

the
inside of the pump. Repeat at least once.

--
Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Author "Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation Systems

and
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"

http://www.seaworthy.com/store/custo...0&cat=6&page=1

Peggie

Dumb question: Any reason why this would not work for any other head?
A wilcox Headmate, bought last year, to be specific.

Thanks

Matt

Groco model K head seal leaking -- winterization? Bob Hargraves Cruising 0 September 22nd 04 10:59 PM
Evinrude Head Gasket Salt Deposits cnicoll General 3 August 31st 04 03:22 AM
Magic Head Stephen Trapani Cruising 21 July 16th 04 01:35 AM
replace head on a mercruiser 350 engine Han General 5 June 18th 04 02:59 AM
Head Gasket on 50 HP 93 Evinrude dp General 2 November 4th 03 01:46 PM