Default OT July 4 question

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this
year, when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Cheers
Martin

Marty wrote:

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this
year, when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Cheers
Martin

I'm doing both. But I can't speak for everybody else...

"Marty" wrote:

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this
year, when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Most business' will recognize 07/03/09 as a paid holiday.

Party will start on Thursday afternoon and hopefully people will be
able to show up for work on Monday with out too much of a hangover.

Lew

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Marty" wrote:

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this
year, when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Most business' will recognize 07/03/09 as a paid holiday.

Party will start on Thursday afternoon and hopefully people will be
able to show up for work on Monday with out too much of a hangover.

Lew

Thanks Lew, we're planning a multinational family reunion....

Cheers
Martin

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Marty" wrote:

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this
year, when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Most business' will recognize 07/03/09 as a paid holiday.

Party will start on Thursday afternoon and hopefully people will be
able to show up for work on Monday with out too much of a hangover.

Lew

I believe the rule is that if the holiday falls on Saturday the legal
holiday is on Friday. If it is no Sunday the holiday will be on Monday.

"Keith nuttle" wrote in message
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Marty" wrote:

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this
year, when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Most business' will recognize 07/03/09 as a paid holiday.

Party will start on Thursday afternoon and hopefully people will be able
to show up for work on Monday with out too much of a hangover.

Lew

I believe the rule is that if the holiday falls on Saturday the legal
holiday is on Friday. If it is no Sunday the holiday will be on Monday.

Official Gummit holiday will be on Friday according to the following:
http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_...edhol/2009.asp

"Marty" wrote in message

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this year,
when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Cheers
Martin

Typically it's the Friday...probably that this year.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Marty wrote:

A question for my US friends, since July 4 falls on a Saturday this
year, when will the holiday be, Fri. 03, or Mon 06 ?

Cheers
Martin

If a national holiday falls on a Saturday, the Friday previous is the
offical holiday..if on a Sunday then Monday...

3rd of july boating? Gudmundur General 11 July 1st 05 04:24 PM
July 4th paddle in NW ? Largo General 4 June 29th 05 04:16 AM
Bye until July... Larry W4CSC Cruising 1 May 12th 04 02:48 PM
Bye until July... Larry W4CSC Electronics 1 May 12th 04 02:48 PM