posted to rec.boats.building
Tom Tom is offline

Default Fishfinder ??

Hi

I was running the Eagle Supra ID fish finder for a while and it went bad on
me.I bought the Lowrance Elite 5 M with transducer.
Can I simply use the old tranducer already wired with extension and tucked
and hidden nicely to the top on flybridge. Lot of work to rewire that.

The transducer is the round style through hull that is bonded to the bottom
of the hull. I cannot remember if it is the 200khz transducer or not. I know
the wires would need splicing because the plug is different (power &
tranducer) are now on same side.

Anyone know if I can simply use the existing? Anyway to test it to ensure it
is 200khz and is working or workable for the new head?

Any advice is great
Thanks

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 20:50:03 -0500, "Tom" wrote:

Hi

I was running the Eagle Supra ID fish finder for a while and it went bad on
me.I bought the Lowrance Elite 5 M with transducer.
Can I simply use the old tranducer already wired with extension and tucked
and hidden nicely to the top on flybridge. Lot of work to rewire that.

The transducer is the round style through hull that is bonded to the bottom
of the hull. I cannot remember if it is the 200khz transducer or not. I know
the wires would need splicing because the plug is different (power &
tranducer) are now on same side.

Anyone know if I can simply use the existing? Anyway to test it to ensure it
is 200khz and is working or workable for the new head?

Any advice is great
Thanks

For whatever it's worth according to the Lowrance manual the "mark 5X
is 200khz" and the "mark 5 Pro is 83/200khz".
http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...0157-001_w.pdf
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
posted to rec.boats.building
Tom Tom is offline

Thanks Bruce

I will do more researching. I am just wondering if there is anyway to
measure the resistance or lack of between the two wires there for me. I
think the transducer there now is a good one, I would hate to replace it
with a less quality one and it will take a long time to fish that wire
because it has to get to the flybridge with extension. I hope to find a way
to test the existing one and use it. Thanks again Bruce, you helped me
before, thanks again and best regards.

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 08:09:47 -0500, "Tom" wrote:

Thanks Bruce

I will do more researching. I am just wondering if there is anyway to
measure the resistance or lack of between the two wires there for me. I
think the transducer there now is a good one, I would hate to replace it
with a less quality one and it will take a long time to fish that wire
because it has to get to the flybridge with extension. I hope to find a way
to test the existing one and use it. Thanks again Bruce, you helped me
before, thanks again and best regards.

You might also do a google search on "testing fish finder transducer"
(without the parentheses of course). A very quick look showed
http://www.brighthub.com/electronics...les/67551.aspx
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

FS: Fishfinder in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 February 8th 04 03:45 PM
FS: Fishfinder in NY Bobsprit Cruising 2 February 6th 04 03:30 AM
FS: Fishfinder in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 February 6th 04 03:10 AM
Fishfinder??? Bobsprit ASA 31 January 26th 04 09:06 PM
fishfinder Fred Electronics 3 January 26th 04 04:40 PM