FREDO

Default Boat Insurance Rates

I just got new boat insurance from State Farm on Miss Daisy my (14'
Starcraft semi-tri-hull) fishing boat.
50.00 USD per year for property damage, liability, and medical payments.
IMHO, I think that's a pretty decent rate. Oh, it also covers my trailer.
Any body else care to share your insurance costs per year and coverage?
I am just curious as to how much it will cost me when I upgrade to my new
fishing boat this fall and have to get "full coverage".

Fredo

Calif Bill

"FREDO" wrote in message
. ..
I just got new boat insurance from State Farm on Miss Daisy my (14'
Starcraft semi-tri-hull) fishing boat.
50.00 USD per year for property damage, liability, and medical payments.
IMHO, I think that's a pretty decent rate. Oh, it also covers my trailer.
Any body else care to share your insurance costs per year and coverage?
I am just curious as to how much it will cost me when I upgrade to my new
fishing boat this fall and have to get "full coverage".

Fredo

I pay $240 / year for an $20,000 agreed value yacht policy from BoatUS.
This covers spills, etc, that homeowner policies do not seem to cover. Plus
the value of the boat is what the replacement value is, just like a car.

Jim

FREDO wrote:
I just got new boat insurance from State Farm on Miss Daisy my (14'
Starcraft semi-tri-hull) fishing boat.
50.00 USD per year for property damage, liability, and medical payments.
IMHO, I think that's a pretty decent rate. Oh, it also covers my trailer.
Any body else care to share your insurance costs per year and coverage?
I am just curious as to how much it will cost me when I upgrade to my new
fishing boat this fall and have to get "full coverage".

Fredo

Albin 36 trawler, Boat U.S.

West Coast, Punta Banda, Mexico, to Cape Scott, Vancouver Island, Canada

48,000 Agreed Value (I should move that up)
300,000 "Boating liability"
500,000 Fuel spill

$660 deductible

$378 a year.

They accepted the survey from when I bought the boat, never questioning
anything.

My new inflatable and outboard is covered under the policy.

FREDO

"Jim" wrote in message
k.net...
FREDO wrote:
[...]

Thanks!

It seems that it won't be too bad. I need to investigate BoatUS in the near
future to see if they will be competitive .

Fredo

Jim wrote:
FREDO wrote:
[...]

Boat US *loves* to write West Coast trawler policies. Your experience
is similar to mine,
I pay about $600 (not sure to the dime, wife writes the check) for an
$80,000 agreed value policy with good fuel spill coverage, a 1%
deductible, towing insurance (part of the Boat US membership you take
out to buy insurance from them in the first place), etc. Until a couple
of years ago it was even substantially cheaper, down in the high
$300's. That had to be the
deal of all time. They have never required a survey in the 12 or 13
years we have insured this boat with them.

By the way, *if* you decide to raise your coverage, you can almost bet
that they will require a survey.

Jim

wrote:
Jim wrote:

FREDO wrote:

[...]

Not sure I'd mind a survey. Everything on the old survey has been taken
care of.

The boat is 25 years old, but Albins sure are well built, for mass
produced boats. I know of no problems with my boat.

Chuck;
You are one of my favorite contributors to this forum.
Jim

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
FREDO wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
k.net...
FREDO wrote:
[...]

Rates are higher on the East Coast thanks to our sudden onset Tostitos.

Yup.

$113k agreed value for a 2001 Grady White with 2006 Yamaha F250 four-strokes
from BoatUS: $2900/year.