Default Lake Boating and Mountain Lions

I've been on a San Diego beach vacation and received a voicemail from a
friend who visited MY lake while I was gone. This is the same lake that
caused me to ask how to deal with intruding raccoons at the boat in
campsites. I told all the Mom's that they had to watch out for rattlesnakes
and mountain lions. I got zero response on the mountain lion mention.

Until my friend, at anchor for a picnic on the water, turned to see what the
noise was all about and watched a mountain lion scoop up a squirrel for
lunch! She called while we were in San Diego; it must have been quite a
sight to see. Wish I coulda been there.

I guess they, the ACofE, mean it when they call it primitive boat-in
camping.

"Bryan" wrote in message
I've been on a San Diego beach vacation and received a voicemail from a
friend who visited MY lake while I was gone. This is the same lake that
caused me to ask how to deal with intruding raccoons at the boat in
campsites. I told all the Mom's that they had to watch out for
rattlesnakes
and mountain lions. I got zero response on the mountain lion mention.

Until my friend, at anchor for a picnic on the water, turned to see what
the
noise was all about and watched a mountain lion scoop up a squirrel for
lunch! She called while we were in San Diego; it must have been quite a
sight to see. Wish I coulda been there.

I guess they, the ACofE, mean it when they call it primitive boat-in
camping.

You hit the trifecta if there are tigers and bears there also! Oh my! ;-)

Although rare, mountain lions have been known to attack humans and you may
think twice about camping there again.

http://www.topangaonline.com/nature/lionatk.html

"Bryan" wrote in message
I've been on a San Diego beach vacation and received a voicemail from a
friend who visited MY lake while I was gone. This is the same lake that
caused me to ask how to deal with intruding raccoons at the boat in
campsites. I told all the Mom's that they had to watch out for
rattlesnakes
and mountain lions. I got zero response on the mountain lion mention.

Until my friend, at anchor for a picnic on the water, turned to see what
the
noise was all about and watched a mountain lion scoop up a squirrel for
lunch! She called while we were in San Diego; it must have been quite a
sight to see. Wish I coulda been there.

I guess they, the ACofE, mean it when they call it primitive boat-in
camping.

2 years ago there were 2 mt. lions at Pardee. Used to see one once in a
while while boating. They remind me more of a dog than a cat when they are
sitting there looking around.

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message
I've been on a San Diego beach vacation and received a voicemail from a
friend who visited MY lake while I was gone. This is the same lake that
caused me to ask how to deal with intruding raccoons at the boat in
campsites. I told all the Mom's that they had to watch out for
rattlesnakes
and mountain lions. I got zero response on the mountain lion mention.

Until my friend, at anchor for a picnic on the water, turned to see what
the
noise was all about and watched a mountain lion scoop up a squirrel for
lunch! She called while we were in San Diego; it must have been quite a
sight to see. Wish I coulda been there.

I guess they, the ACofE, mean it when they call it primitive boat-in
camping.

You hit the trifecta if there are tigers and bears there also! Oh my!
;-)

Although rare, mountain lions have been known to attack humans and you may
think twice about camping there again.

http://www.topangaonline.com/nature/lionatk.html

I don't know about the trifecta, but my lake (I've discovered) has raccoons,
mountain lions, and otters; I guess that is a trifecta. Not to mention the
panfish, bass, and trout. Then there's the amazing bird diversity, not too
mention all the unseen things. The nature of my lake has been growing on me
over the year I've had my boat.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

That's the interesting thing about the cat world; they are impressive when
they are up and moving about.

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

....as opposed to dogs, which are most impressive when you use them as chum
for bluefish.

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 07:09:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

Damn French.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 07:09:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Bryan" wrote in message
.com...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

[...]