Not Tellin'

Default Prijon Kodiak & SeaYak AND Necky Tesla NM

Here is the webpage that shows the 3 boats we have for sale.

http://homepage.mac.com/whitsel/Sale...toAlbum52.html

Sorry that I don't have more pictures of the Kodiak. Most of the time
my wife didn't have the digital camera!

Both Prijons (http://www.wildnet.com) are in very good, used
condition. There is some fading and bottom scars but absolutely
nothing that negatively affects the handling or seaworthiness of the
boats. I am selling these for $850 each. They both sell for about
$1695 new with rudders installed.

The SeaYak is the most maneuverable of the three boats. It tracks very
well without the rudder, but will begin to weathercock before the
other two. It is the driest riding boat of the three because of the
Greenland bow. It is marginally the slowest of the three simply
because it has a shorter waterline length. (The SeaYak on the web page
is the newer model. The only differences are that our boat has regular
bungie deck rigging aft of the cockpit and ours doesn't have the
little "day hatch" storage thing just forward of the cockpit.

The Kodiak is very maneuverable and is a fast expedition design boat.
It will begin to take water over the bow before the SeaYak and at
about the same time as the Tesla. It has more leg/foot room than the
SeaYak but was still snug for me. It is the heaviest of the three, but
I don't have any problem putting it on top of the Yukon. They all seem
to get a little heavier as I get a little older.

The Necky Tesla NM (http://www.necky.com/teslanm.htm) is in nearly new
condition. It has actually seen very little use even though I am the
second owner. I love the boat. It is big and fast. It is not as
maneuverable as the Prijons, but it still maneuvers well. It is the
lightest of the three by about 4 pounds. A new Tesla NM is about $2700
and Tesla's that have been in tour fleets for 5 years are selling for
between $1750-$2000. I am selling the Tesla NM for $1650.

Here are a few more sites to look at for some info... paddling.net is
a very good all around site.

http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/show....html?prod=534 Kodiak User
Reviews
http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/show....html?prod=179 SeaYak User
Reviews
http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/show....html?prod=598 Tesla NM
User Reviews (some of these are of the older Tesla)

Located on the Oregon coast

write to (do the normal editing and remove NOSPAM)
Patrick, Whit

Originally posted under "Not Tellin'"

These boats were sold and the URL is no longer valid.

Thanks to those who inquired. We did decide to keep the SeaYak as a "guest
boat." It's interesting, after we sold the Kodiak and Tesla, the SeaYak
became a really hot property.

On 8/17/05 1511, in article
, "Not Tellin'"