Eric Johnson

Default WANTED:Traditional Paddling Instruction

Does anyone know of a decent instructor to learn the finer points of using a
traditional style kayak paddle in the New England area? How about reference
material?

TIA
Eric

David Walker

You might try :

http://www.h2outfitters.com/

or

http://www.atlantickayaktours.com/

or

http://members.aol.com/kayakillen/katabasis/

or

http://www.uekayaking.com/classes.htm

Though I am not quite sure I know what you intend by "traditional style paddle "
, whether you meant the traditional eruo style or the greenland style paddle .

If greenland paddle is meant then I am not sure if any of the above might work ,
you might find something interesting from one of the NE kayaking clubs or one of
their members of forums , some links to clubs in the area can be found here :

http://www.bskc.org/links.htm

References to greenland stuff :

http://www.qajaqusa.org/Links/links.html

http://www.qajaqusa.org/Movies/movies.html#CrossArmRoll

http://www.fska.org/FSKAGreenland.htm

regards ,

David

Eric Johnson wrote:

Does anyone know of a decent instructor to learn the finer points of using a
traditional style kayak paddle in the New England area? How about reference
material?

TIA
Eric

Brian Nystrom

Eric Johnson wrote:

Does anyone know of a decent instructor to learn the finer points of using a
traditional style kayak paddle in the New England area? How about reference
material?

North Shore Kayak Instruction
Newburyport, Ma
978-465-3290
email
Basic and advanced instruction by John Rayleigh and Keith Attenboro. Also
Greenland style
paddling.

John and Keith are both dedicated Greenland paddlers and good instructors.

--
Regards

Brian

John Fereira

David Walker wrote in
:

You might try :

http://www.h2outfitters.com/

or

http://www.atlantickayaktours.com/

or

http://members.aol.com/kayakillen/katabasis/

or

http://www.uekayaking.com/classes.htm

Though I am not quite sure I know what you intend by "traditional style
paddle " , whether you meant the traditional eruo style or the
greenland style paddle .

If greenland paddle is meant then I am not sure if any of the above
might work ,

Ray Killen of Katabasis (New Jersey) most certainly does teach traditional
(Greenland) kayaking skills. I heard that Mark Molina is going to be doing
a Greenland kayaking training session in Irondiquot sometime in the next few
weekends (sorry, I forget which one). I'm not sure how you'd get in touch
with him though.