posted to alt.sailing

Default Really fast sail boat!

Really fast sail boat!
more like a water skimmer!!
Pretty soon it's going to be all on again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBOIxQg23Q#t=6m45s

AC 35 Update 4.25.17 - Upper End of the wind limits 15 - 20 Knots
MyislandhomeBDA
Published on Apr 25, 2017

The America's Cup Teams practicing in the Great Sound in high wind
conditions.
I don't know what they did but Land Rover BAR was flying today!
-------------------
Thank you --- a new world to me. The old wool carrying clippers

sometimes managed a high rate of knots didn't they?
Is there a water speed that neither small nor large sailing ships can
surpass?
I am totally ignorant, but your posted link caught my attention.

Apparently the highest speed achieved by a clipper was 22 knots (41 km/h),
but 14 - 17 knots was more common.

I don't know how fast the boats are going this year, but in AC34 almost four
years ago they were exceeding 80 km/h / 45 knots at times. This year's boats
are a little smaller, but are expected to be at least as fast.

Watch the acceleration at the start at around 7:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9VpTmDtd6M

Fast boat Canuck57[_9_] General 1 March 31st 11 05:34 PM
Fast Boat MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 2 January 30th 09 05:38 PM
Fast Sail Boats of ASA Capt. Rob ASA 79 July 26th 06 03:07 AM
FREE Advertising - Sell you boat fast ------> Boat Agent <-------- Car Agent UK Paddle 0 February 5th 05 08:39 PM
FREE Advertising - Sell you boat fast ------> Boat Agent <-------- Car Agent UK Power Boats 0 February 5th 05 08:39 PM