Bob Hargraves

Default Groco model K head seal leaking -- winterization?

My Groco model K toilet (with electric drive) is leaking around the
shaft seal. I've rebuilt the darn thing twice in two years, taking 6
hours and about $100 for the kit. Why does it leak?

When I winterize it I pumped pink antifreeze (propylene glycol, I
think) through the head, the lines, and into the holding tank, then
pumped out the holding tank. Any idea if this created the problem?

Any other causes?

Bob Hargraves

dripless seal - leaking Shawn Cruising 5 August 16th 04 03:30 AM
How Large for a 2nd Head? Thom Stewart ASA 12 July 19th 04 02:10 PM
Magic Head Stephen Trapani Cruising 21 July 16th 04 01:35 AM