Default Booze Locker

It's summer time and I'm looking for good drinks that will cool you
down, and warm things up at the same time. What's the best booze to
keep in the locker and what mixes should I have to provide tasty
refreshments to the crew?

Fred

wrote in message
It's summer time and I'm looking for good drinks that will cool you
down, and warm things up at the same time. What's the best booze to
keep in the locker and what mixes should I have to provide tasty
refreshments to the crew?

Fred

Real sailors drink cold draft beer right from the fridge. Other stuff has
too much alcohol in it or needs ice cubes and mixers. Lay in a good supply
of these:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4217337.html

Put one in your ice box along with a couple of thick glass mugs and fire up
the Adler Barbour and crank the thermostat down to 28 degrees. Rotate the
mugs so the one you use is always chilled to the max.

That's a real boat drink - the one and only.

--
Gregory Hall

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 May 2008 10:58:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

It's summer time and I'm looking for good drinks that will cool you
down, and warm things up at the same time. What's the best booze to
keep in the locker and what mixes should I have to provide tasty
refreshments to the crew?

Depends on the size of the locker, but gin with tonic is a good place
to start. Gin mixes well with Squirt sodas, and the traditional rum is
also very good for making tall drinks.

Why screw up perfectly good gin with tonic? Gin should not be mixed,
except perhaps in a gimlet if you're desperate to prevent scurvy. A Gin
Martini should be Gin poured into a glass (or whatever) by someone who
once held an empty bottle of Vermouth. It's ok if it's poured by someone
who once thought about holding a bottle of Vermouth.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Real men prefer their hard liquor straight up. Some ice is ok. Unless it is
grain alcohol - mix with rain water.

Barry Goldwater's comment on the soft drink "AUH2O" or "Goldwater" :

"This tastes like ****! I wouldn't drink it with gin!!"

Why screw up a perfectly good gin with Goldwater?

On Thu, 29 May 2008 16:20:45 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
wrote:

Real sailors drink cold draft beer right from the fridge. Other stuff has
too much alcohol in it or needs ice cubes and mixers. Lay in a good supply
of these:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4217337.html

Good way to drink beer, but bulky.
The empty, after snipping the ends and snipping a few holes in the
side, makes a good charcoal chimney.
BTW, the right glass is important. I use a weizen glass for all the
beer I drink most times. Got some at a local liquor store that
specializes in imports. Some Hacker-Pschorr and some Hefe.
Though I like Hacker-Pschorr weisse, if you pour a can of Millers in
one of these glasses you forget you're drinking Millers after half a
glass anyway.
http://www.thebreweryoutlet.com/category/272864
Like coffee, a lot is psychology.
Too bad they don't make square 12 oz cans for tucking in tight spots.
The Japs managed to grow square watermelons.
Reminds me. I saw a Star Trek episode where there were square glasses
on the table. Ever try to drink out of a square container? Lame.
Talk about a hole in your lip.

--Vic

wrote:
[...]

Another major idiot, or maybe, hopefully the same idiot...too stupid
to understand his own stupidity....beguining to appreciate niel..god I
never would have thought...
Bob Bob is offline

what mixes should I have to provide tasty
refreshments to the crew?
Fred

My boat is not a "head boat, party boat, nor a puker."
My boat is for my use.
I do on ocassion take passangers.

Since I can not stand drunks I drink alone as I prefer my sailing.

My prefered drink:
190 proof ETOH mixed with H2O
It is also has many other applications besides getting drunk.That is
why I have it on board. Its not a one trick pony.

Time to go slice my papya. Theyre small but 10/USD is a good deal. The
lime ummm, the size softballs.
Bob
bob

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 May 2008 13:11:54 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 29 May 2008 10:58:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

It's summer time and I'm looking for good drinks that will cool you
down, and warm things up at the same time. What's the best booze to
keep in the locker and what mixes should I have to provide tasty
refreshments to the crew?

Depends on the size of the locker, but gin with tonic is a good place
to start. Gin mixes well with Squirt sodas, and the traditional rum is
also very good for making tall drinks.

Why screw up perfectly good gin with tonic?

Because it tastes good. Plenty of lime is a must. Pure gin is ok only
if you want to get drunk fast. Tonic glows in UV light, which is
obvious if you are at a titty bar. It can be used as the active
ingredient in a laser, while vermouth has no such redeeming virtues.
Debating is ok, but in reality, everyone should drink what they like.

Gin should not be mixed, except
perhaps in a gimlet if you're desperate to prevent scurvy. A Gin Martini
should be Gin poured into a glass (or whatever) by someone who once held
an
empty bottle of Vermouth. It's ok if it's poured by someone who once
thought
about holding a bottle of Vermouth.

Casady

Fortunately, "because it tastes good" is an opinion and not a fact. Is there
some reason why glowing in the dark is an important feature, so important
that it outweighs taste (double entendre deliberately used)? Why do I need
to use it for a laser? Is this a bit of safety equipment that I can
construct only if I have tonic available?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com