Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:39:40 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 5/25/17 4:07 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/25/2017 3:48 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 5/25/17 3:43 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 12:57:19 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 11:43:53 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 06:32:10 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Driving north on a hot, sunny afternoon on I-81 will raise the
tire temp a bunch. I wonder how the
TPMS compensates, if at all. I suppose if both driver-side tires
are at the same (higher) temp then
the fear would be reduced. I wish they also made a wheel bearing
temp monitoring system.

Do you have an IR gun? It is a handy thing for looking at all of that
stuff. They are getting pretty cheap but I would get one from the
middle of the pack, not the cheapest one you find.

Won't need one with the TPMS.

I was thinking more about the bearings you seemed to be worried about.
You can reach around and shoot the base of the spindle. They use those
guns on Pike's Peak to check brake rotor heats and if you are too hot,
they give you a time out.

Gosh, I just keep an eye on the temp gauge and TPMS once in a while
when we travel, and when we gas up, I check the engine oil and take a
look at the tires. Glad I am not towing a motel room.

So is everyone else using the same highway.

I've been pulling trailers behind trucks since I was 12, and legally
since I was 16. Never had an accident.

Yup. I'm sure you know what it's all about. Riding the Ducati much lately?

On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:26:04 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:18:05 -0400, wrote:

I always time my trip so the Carolinas are in the middle of the night.
I like the sun to come up somewhere around Brunswick Ga.
You can haul ass that way, particularly if you have a CB.
When I was doing that a lot, I knew quite a few of those truckers and
I met some face to face. I rescued a guy on 270 one night and got a
lot of street cred from that.
I agree about that Richmond to Springfield part of 95.
One night I was on an call going from Rockville to just south of
Ashland and got hooked up with my truckers. I made that 90 mile trip
in about an hour.
I do the 301 thing too but I am going to Ridge these days so it is
pretty much the first right turn off the PR bridge.
When I was in Clinton I went that way tho.

I haven't had a CB since the early 80's. Used it a hell of a lot travelling across country and while
advising Reserve and National Guard units out west. Haven't used one at all since then. Have you
used one recently? I've heard that most of the truckers don't even use them anymore. Too much static
or whatever. I've thought about getting one, but haven't talked to anyone recently about them.

The last one I had on the road was in my van which I gave to my BIL in
the late 90s. I have not really made that Kamikaze trip to DC after I
got my last load of stuff here in 4q1984. I still had one in my garage
for years after that and I turned it on a few times. I was still
hearing the truckers on I-75.
These days they probably Facebook each other ;-)

On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:42:03 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/25/17 5:36 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 15:57:50 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 15:48:54 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

Gosh, I just keep an eye on the temp gauge and TPMS once in a while when
we travel, and when we gas up, I check the engine oil and take a look at
the tires. Glad I am not towing a motel room.

Actually, it's a bit more than a motel room - two queen beds, refrigerator, stove, ... all the
comforts!

We are renting this place. I bet your RV doesn't have a hot tub and an
air hockey table ;-)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...65598446_zpid/

My wife's aunt lives there...has a house on a hillside. Lovely place.

This will be our 4th trip to that same general Tenn/Ga/NC area. I
could assemble enough pictures of us next to Appalachian Trail signs
to make one think we actually hiked it ;-)
We just find a nice day hike up to the AT and go back to our cabin for
a nice hot shower a cold beer and a good dinner. I am not Bill Bryson.
It still usually involves a couple thousand feet of climb spread out
over 4-5 miles.
The worst one was this one in Tennessee. Someone told us the short cut
was Lead Cove Trail. We did not consider that it was in fact about 6
miles shorter than Bote Mountain Trail but the elevation rise was the
same! It was almost 2 miles of 16" steps after the 3 miles of a pretty
good grade from the car. This thing is just dried up a rocky
waterfall.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/AT%20Tennessee.jpg

On 5/25/17 8:14 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:42:03 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

On the other hand, Bryson probably doesn't have a musical tiki bar.

I've only been to the Maggie Valley once. I do some hiking in the
Shenandoah area over in Virginia.
Tim Tim is offline

8:00 AMPoco Deplorevole
On Thu, 25 May 2017 20:22:48 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 11:59:06 AM UTC-5, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 11:52:42 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 06:55:10 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Heh. One of the reasons I got out of RV'ing. Too many things to worry
about. I've grown to really like simplicity.

First blow out I had was on the christening voyage to Florida in a brand
new Pace Arrow Class A motorhome. Inner tire on rear blew.
Spent the night in a truck repair parking lot while the replacement was
ordered and delivered.

Pace Arrow was a piece of crap, BTW.

If you go often and go on short trips like John, the RV thing may be
worthwhile but for the once or twice a year guy, a first class plane
ticket, a rental car and a real nice hotel is a lot cheaper.

We leave on 8 June for the 'Bean Blossom Bluegrass Festival' in Bean Blossom, IN. That's about 650
miles, which, I suppose, is pretty short.

And if all goes well Ill be seeing you on the 9th...

No, the 10th. The show starts then. We'll get there the evening of the 9th, God willing and the
creek don't rise.

That's right. I'll probably be leaving early and getting back late on the 10th. Looking forward to it !

Tire pressure indicators RCE General 6 April 1st 06 02:28 AM
Tire pressure indicators katekebo General 6 March 31st 06 09:09 AM
Tire pressure indicators Bishoop General 0 March 30th 06 07:24 PM
Battery Monitoring System Aquaholic Cruising 1 March 22nd 06 02:56 PM
DIY - boat monitoring system Mic Cruising 2 September 19th 05 04:05 AM