Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

On Wed, 24 May 2017 10:35:03 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

===

I have no experience with them but know that many newer vehicles are
coming equipped with them. Have you asked around on the RV groups or
checked Amazon reviews?

---
http://www.avg.com

Poco Deplorevole Wrote in message:
Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

Not that particular system but I have a Tire Tracker. The wheel
sensors appear? to be identical. I helped a buddy install
similar system last week 3 out of the 12 sensors were bad. Be
prepared to do a little trouble shooting.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

We have them on the Lincoln. Expect to replace some sensors whenever
they break down a tire because the tire guys usually trash them.

wrote:

Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

===

I have no experience with them but know that many newer vehicles are
coming equipped with them. Have you asked around on the RV groups or
checked Amazon reviews?

---
http://www.avg.com

I have a friend who has them. Was just looking for a little more feedback. Haven't ordered them yet.

On Wed, 24 May 2017 12:15:32 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Poco Deplorevole Wrote in message:
Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

Not that particular system but I have a Tire Tracker. The wheel
sensors appear? to be identical. I helped a buddy install
similar system last week 3 out of the 12 sensors were bad. Be
prepared to do a little trouble shooting.

Was it this same maker? These come with a three year guarantee, except for batteries.

wrote:

Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

We have them on the Lincoln. Expect to replace some sensors whenever
they break down a tire because the tire guys usually trash them.

I suppose I could always take off the sensors before any tire work is done.

wrote:

Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

We have them on the Lincoln. Expect to replace some sensors whenever
they break down a tire because the tire guys usually trash them.

I suppose I could always take off the sensors before any tire work is done.

I think Greg is talking about the factory internal sensors. Both my car and my wife's has those, and we've had new tires mounted and haven't lost one yet. I'm sure it does happen though.

The system you're looking at has external sensors which replace the valve stem cap, so as you say, you could just remove them and replace with the plastic caps until the tire work is complete.

BTW, the Amazon reviews were very positive. One thing I did notice is that someone said the monitor placement was critical in getting a good, solid signal from all the sensors.

wrote:

[...]

I've had several cars with the factory tire pressure monitoring systems.

The Altima I drive now has a cool feature. If you leave the ignition on
(but engine off) when adding air to a tire, the car horn will beep when
the tire is at 32 psi. Don't need a tire gauge.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

I've got factory sensors in the truck tires. So far no problem. Costco takes pretty good care of
them apparently, although whenever the tires are rotated I have to switch my thought pattern!!

I'll go back and read the Amazon reviews. Strangely, Amazon wants more for them than the producers.

Thanks.

Tire pressure indicators RCE General 6 April 1st 06 02:28 AM
Tire pressure indicators katekebo General 6 March 31st 06 09:09 AM
Tire pressure indicators Bishoop General 0 March 30th 06 07:24 PM
Battery Monitoring System Aquaholic Cruising 1 March 22nd 06 01:56 PM
DIY - boat monitoring system Mic Cruising 2 September 19th 05 04:05 AM