Default LUCY and Me in my canoe

This is my dog LUCY. She is an ARMY dog and has done two tours in IRAQ.

LUCY is my BFF.

She's also the last thing you will see if you lay a hand on me.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
LUCY and Me in my canoe-img_3097.jpg

"MWB" wrote in message
This is my dog LUCY. She is an ARMY dog and has done two tours in IRAQ.

LUCY is my BFF.

She's also the last thing you will see if you lay a hand on me.

Mark

Are you allowed to keep dangerous dogs in America then?

Tim W

On 21/09/2011 05:54, MWB wrote:
This is my dog LUCY. She is an ARMY dog and has done two tours in IRAQ.
LUCY is my BFF.

She's also the last thing you will see if you lay a hand on me.

Mark

I notice her ears are at half-mast! Now my boy, even in his sleep...

;-)

His only distinction is, in the course of his training as a guide dog
for the blind, was to suddenly decide that he preferred to chase cats -
hence an early enforced retirement. He must have worked it out because
that occurred in the final stages of nearly two years of continuous
training from six weeks old.

Clever boy!

--
Moving things in still pictures

FastStone - Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing - For Free!

www.FastStone.org

Attached Thumbnails
LUCY and Me in my canoe-rufus-007a.jpg

"ŽiŠardo" wrote in message

On 21/09/2011 05:54, MWB wrote:
This is my dog LUCY. She is an ARMY dog and has done two tours in IRAQ.
LUCY is my BFF.

She's also the last thing you will see if you lay a hand on me.

Mark

I notice her ears are at half-mast! Now my boy, even in his sleep...

;-)

The ARMY broke her ears at birth.

I have a BB gun and when she sees it she runs away from it.

Something bad happened to her in Iraq.

Mark

"Tim W" wrote in message ...

"MWB" wrote in message
This is my dog LUCY. She is an ARMY dog and has done two tours in IRAQ.

LUCY is my BFF.

She's also the last thing you will see if you lay a hand on me.

Mark

Are you allowed to keep dangerous dogs in America then?

Tim W

She's not dangerous.

I believe the answer to your question is yes. Recently, a Pit Bull attacked
an 18 month old child in the town I live in.

WINDHAM, Maine — A father said his 1½-year-old son needed 64 stitches to
close wounds caused by a mauling by a pit bull while at the home of the boy’s
grandfather in Windham.

Henry Irish said his son Devin is home from the hospital but wakes up at
night crying out in pain. He said the boy suffered puncture wounds and a
broken nose on Tuesday.

He told WGME-TV that he blames the boy’s grandfather and the breed of dog
for the attack.

But veterinarians say all pit bulls aren’t bad. Bennett Wilson, a
veterinarian in Portland, said any dog, regardless of breed, is capable of
injuring another animal or a person under the right circumstances

Mark

On 23/09/2011 20:01, MWB wrote:

"ŽiŠardo" wrote in message

On 21/09/2011 05:54, MWB wrote:
This is my dog LUCY. She is an ARMY dog and has done two tours in IRAQ.
LUCY is my BFF.

She's also the last thing you will see if you lay a hand on me.

Mark

I notice her ears are at half-mast! Now my boy, even in his sleep...

;-)

The ARMY broke her ears at birth.

I have a BB gun and when she sees it she runs away from it.

Something bad happened to her in Iraq.

Mark

Well, it looks as though you're treating her right. I think we owe it to
them given the contribution that the working dogs give to us, one way
and another.

Our "lad" - Rufus - is very, very protective of our grandchildren when
they come to stay. It's a mark of the breed, where the "shepherding"
instinct comes into play.

Good luck to you Mark.

--
Moving things in still pictures

Please post a photo of Rufus. Technically it is on topic, because Lucy is in
a boat.

My dad's middle name was Rufus and I love that name.

GO RUFUS

Mark

On 23/09/2011 22:50, MWB wrote:

Please post a photo of Rufus. Technically it is on topic, because Lucy
is in a boat.

LOL!

My dad's middle name was Rufus and I love that name.

GO RUFUS

Mark

Here we are Mark, here's the boy playing the handsome card. I'd better
post some boat pictures together as a qualifier!

RiŠardo

--
Moving things in still pictures

FastStone - Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing - For Free!

www.FastStone.org

Attached Thumbnails
LUCY and Me in my canoe-shropshire-2011-upper-stanbatch-cottage-74.jpg

On 24/09/2011 10:34, ŽiŠardo wrote:
On 23/09/2011 22:50, MWB wrote:

Please post a photo of Rufus. Technically it is on topic, because Lucy
is in a boat.

LOL!

My dad's middle name was Rufus and I love that name.

GO RUFUS

Mark

Here we are Mark, here's the boy playing the handsome card. I'd better
post some boat pictures together as a qualifier!

RiŠardo

Hmm, now why did I say "together"? Doesn't make sense, but I probably
meant that: "I'd better get some boat pictures together to post...".

Right, here's a starter.

Here we have a local ferry service from my nearest town,
Weston-super-Mare, the Westward Ho, to Flat Holm, an island in the
Bristol Channel - which has the world's second highest tidal range at 15
metres (49 ft), second only to Bay of Fundy in Eastern Canada which is
the world's highest.

--
Moving things in still pictures

FastStone - Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing - For Free!

www.FastStone.org

Attached Thumbnails
LUCY and Me in my canoe-westward-ho-island-ferry-03.jpg

[IMG] code is On

Lucy M- Galilee RI July 2008 Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 September 7th 08 12:37 PM
'Splain this lucy Bart ASA 5 April 24th 07 05:14 PM
LANGFORD CANOE VS. SWIFT CANOE Mr. Buddy Green General 0 June 12th 06 07:24 AM
question about white water canoe (is a canoe a boat?) Mike Hollywood General 3 January 4th 06 08:18 PM
FS-Canoe Cliveg General 0 September 9th 04 04:20 AM