posted to alt.sailing.asa
MMC MMC is offline

Default Advice needed

"Anonymous" wrote in message
news:20090119025119.605C81A78FB@isole...
Well, I'm in this situation. If someone would like to offer
some meaninful comments, I probably don't want to hear them...

I met this women recently. She is foreign-born, blonde, long hair,
intelligent, and generally a wonderful person. She is also significantly
younger than me (about 15 years younger). We seem to have a lot of
common interests, including boating and music, etc. She's 23.

She has a green card and is presently unemployed, but looking for
work.

So far, our dates have consisted of playing volleyball together, having
dinner, and talking for several hours. (The dinner, etc. was an
invitation, which she accepted.) We have another date scheduled for
this coming Friday...dinner and some entertainment in San Francisco.
She seems enthusiastic about going and told me (a couple of times)
how much she enjoyed dinner last time.

In fact, when we parted after talking for oh so many hours, I got
the impression that I could have kissed her goodnight if I had
tried. We were a few feet apart as we were saying goodnight and
our eyes sort of locked for an indescribable moment.

So, all this seems rather idyllic (even more so now that I've
written it down), but that still leaves me with some sort of
strange paranoia. I've had a couple of long-term relationships
but I've never felt anything like what I feel about her. I can't
stop thinking about her (and, no, I'm not just thinking about
sex . I'm concerned that I'll do something silly and scare
her off or that she doesn't have anything like the feelings I
have for her.

I would like to do the romantic bit, but I don't want to move
too quickly...yeh, I know...play it cool, but that's not how
I feel. I also feel like I would like to find out how she
feels...without wasting a lot of time -- guess this is sort of
a silly statement, as I'm sure I wouldn't consider it a waste,
but perhaps you know what I mean....

Normally, I feel slightly nervous when I'm around a woman who
is as physically beautiful as she is, but I felt none of that
around her; I felt calm, almost serene.

So I guess I'm interested in hearing what the wonderful women
of the net have to say about all this (sure, I'll listen
indulgently to the guys too . Is there anything I should
do, not do, try to do, try not to do? Yes, I'll be myself --
who else would you suggest -- Elvis?

Disclaimer to those who might know me: All characters are
fictitious... including me....

So, there it is....

You should ask your mom about this sort of thing. Or call one of those
"heartlines" talk show hosts.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Anonymous" wrote in message
[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.s...+author:G anz

Ha hah ahhahahahahah! Read Capt. JG's replies in this thread. Hilarious!
He's apparently forgotten that he posted that crap to a dating group
(soc.singles). I guess his memory has been wiped out by his 10X doses of
LSD. Either that or, since he's come out of the closet, he never thinks
about females anymore?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 03:51:19 +0100 (CET), Anonymous
wrote this crap:

[...]

Forget it. My sister isn't interested in you.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

Advice on Anchorages Needed Mike Cruising 11 October 18th 06 11:50 PM
Jet Ski Advice Needed Tom General 0 June 27th 05 02:24 PM
Advice Needed for first boat Simon Hawkins General 2 January 31st 05 12:55 AM
Advice needed Adrian Boat Building 9 September 23rd 03 06:06 PM
Advice needed Dave Pseudonym UK Power Boats 0 September 3rd 03 10:21 AM