posted to rec.boats.racing

Default Mini 12's or 2.4 meter sailboats

On Friday, February 27, 1998 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Dan & Bee Briscoe wrote:
2,4 Meter or Mini 12

Looking for anyone that can provide any information about these boats or is
interested in them.

I'm very interested in starting a sailing program with a local Aquatics and
Recreation Center in the Seattle/Tacoma Washington area. My goal is to have
programs that will work with people of all ages and disabilities.

I know that the Paraolympics 2000 will use these boats for the sailing
events and are known to be great boats for beginners through expert. 2.4
meter boats look like miniture versions of the 12 meter (America's Cup)
boats. They level the playing field where age, size and physical
disability does not matter. The boats are about 13' 9" long and are for one
person. Although these boats are small they are not toys. Sailing a 2.4
meter boat you are the crew and helmsman.

If you have sailed a 2.4 meter boat, know someone who has or just interested
please respond to this post.

Thanks,

Dan Briscoe

Dan my name is Sean Kiaer the owner of Pacific NW Mini 12's
You can contact me at 206-325-7700 and visit us on the web at
http://www.pnwmini12s.com/
Give me a call and lets see what we can do to get this going for you.

Mini-AC for boats Frogwatch[_2_] General 6 March 3rd 11 02:39 AM
More Mini's Bart Senior ASA 3 January 11th 06 05:30 AM
looking for mini pontoons dh@. Touring 14 September 17th 05 12:01 AM
Stevenson Mini-Cup Changes Parallax Boat Building 1 April 17th 04 10:17 PM