posted to rec.boats.racing.power

Default OFF Reunion Oct 23-25 Florida

OFF IS ON!!!

All reports of our death are greatly exaggerated!!!

“Old Farts Forever”, OFF2009 in Jupiter Florida, 23-25 October 2009,
is a definite go. The “Tropic Thunder” OSS race scheduled for that
week has indeed been canceled. That event is a victim of the current
economy as sponsorship has dried up. However, OFF2009 is up and
running. From the very beginning we opted to be an event without a
budget. That simply means that we have made, and will continue to
make, arrangements for a 2-3 day gathering of old boat racers to
socialize and have a little fun. All events will be very informal.
There are no registration fees and no fees to attend any of the
scheduled events. All costs (lodging, food, drinks, entertainment,
golf, fishing, etc.) will be the responsibility of each individual.
This concept has allowed OFF to go ON regardless of the economy. We
are not sponsor dependent. However, several organizations and
individuals have graciously offered to help. Rich Luhrs is bringing
his immaculately restored Switzer wing. Geico racing will display
their offshore boat and host an open house at their shop. We currently
have commitments for a 7 liter Hydro and a Jersey Skiff and are
working on attaining other types. While informality is the rule, it
would be nice if we have some idea of how many people to expect. You
can help in that regard by responding to
Currently there are 3 scheduled events as follows:
Friday, 23 October – 4:00PM-until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town
Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. We will have several
race boats on display in the park across the street.
Saturday 24 October – 11:AM-2:00PM Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg
A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida.
Saturday 24 October – 4:00PM-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North
US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Race boats on display.
Sunday 25 October – Golf, Fishing, Shopping, whatever floats your
boat.
We are currently working on a “Headquarters” Hotel, however we will
also identify others in order to suit different budgets.

Ping: Wayne B (or other SW Florida to Florida Keys veterans) NOYB General 2 February 5th 07 09:32 PM
FS in Florida Fred Miller Marketplace 0 March 4th 06 06:47 PM
30th reunion Bart Senior ASA 15 August 1st 04 08:31 PM
Powerboat Schools in South Florida? -- Has anyone used SW Florida Yachts? Richard Kaplan Cruising 2 February 17th 04 05:16 PM
FS: C&C 30 in Florida Marc Berger Marketplace 0 October 27th 03 03:31 AM