posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring

Default Folding canoe with sailing rig. Any good?

Hello all,

We have an Old Town Camper 160 which has been fine until we bought a
motorhome. Now it's a bit silly trying to get it on the roof at 10ft
high!! so we are thinking of a solid, stable folding canoe or even an
inflatable for the same kind of usage as an Old Town Camper. Just
cruising quiet waters/estuaries/coastal.

I imagine I would use it solo quite often but need at least a two man
though I like the space a three would give so 16ft is fine though I
never got to try the OTC solo!

I also like the idea of the sailing kit attachments but it sounds like
a bridge too far in reality. Do they work for the novice?

What do you guys recommend looking for and what to avoid. I don't like
the idea of inflatable's as I don't trust them but I actually know
nothing about them so my mistrust may be unfair.

Price not really an issue as much as quality and reliability. I only
want one in a lifetime. Though no point in paying £2k if a £1k one
will do the same.

UK based but I'm sure we can buy most kit these days.

Thank you in advance.

On Sep 26, 3:29*am, Colin wrote:
[...]

There's a major folding kayaks website (http://foldingkayaks.org) and
a primary folding kayaks book ("The Complete Folding Kayaker," by R.
Diaz). There are quite a few sail rig options out there for these
boats. It's a fun and highly-evolved field of paddlesport! --JP
outyourbackdoor.com

Folding canoe with sailing rig. Any good? Colin General 1 October 24th 08 07:30 PM
FA Canoe Canoeing folding vintage 1936 Alys General 0 September 3rd 08 04:34 PM
Pakboat Folding Canoe Martin General 1 August 4th 07 08:54 PM
FA Vintage Canoeing book Canoe folding sailing AlisEvans General 0 May 18th 07 11:54 PM
Folding Canoe - from Russia with Love riverman Touring 0 August 16th 03 08:00 PM