posted to alt.sailing

Default Yanmar 15 hp difficulty starting.

On Friday, March 30, 2001 at 4:26:03 PM UTC-4, DHart1307 wrote:
I have to crank for about 10 minutes but it finally starts.
One guy came along and says "Itg is starved for fuel, work the accelator about
10 times. (didn't Work)
Another guy comes along and says " I think your valves are sticking need a
valve job.
Finally anotlher guy says sounds like your running on one cylinder. It is
probably your fuel injection to that olther cylinder. So he took a wrench and
proceeds to unhook one of the fuel injectors. The motor stopped. So it seems
the other fuel injector is stopped up. reccomend taking them both and having
them rebuilt. In the process of doing that now .

Has anybody else had this problem. Does sthat seem reasonable. After the motor
starts and runs for awhile have no problem starting it.

Thanks for any feed back

Dhart

Great advise all around from Egmont--just to let you know, saved your link to my boat links of recommended sites. your Knowledge and the fact that you are sharing it is greatly appreciated and will bring you much further success in your business