posted to alt.sailing

Default Sidney LOA 17

On Tuesday, July 4, 2000 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jay S. Farnham wrote:
I just purchased a 1970 Sidney LOA 17 sailboat and am looking for any
information I can find about it.

I live in Michigan just south of Detroit and plan to use it in the
Detroit River and Lake Eire.

I've found two Sidney LOA 17 sites, Was Boyd's "Number One Sidney
Page" and Branden Culp's "Sidney LOA 17" page, and have created my own
at;
http://ww4.webbernet.net/~frodo/sidney17.htm.

I bought Wes Boyd's Sidney LOA 17 and Branden Culp is selling his.

I'd like to hear from anyone with any knowledge or experience with
this boat.

Remove NoSpam from from e-mail address.

Jay Farnham )

My family bought one of the first LOA 17 sailboats with a 750 lb. steel fixed keel. It was a marvelous daysailer but as a teenager I lived on it over weekends and for weeks at a time during summer vacation. We had a head installed just inside the cabin opening that doubled as a seat to use the samll, and I mean micro, galley cabinet on the port side what had a bulkhead mounted gimble mount stove. The hull was glass over plywood, without flotation chambers, and foam filled seat cushions outside and in the bow section for sleeping. I fitted a chain pipe with cover on the foredeck and 150' of 1/2" chain for the Danforth style anchor. A 5 HP outboard mounted on a swing bracket on the stern.