Default lovely 27' Coronado sailboat

Hello,

Unfortunately for me, but lucky for you, I need to sell my lovely 27'
Coronado sailboat. She's really a beautiful boat, with a VHF radio,
stove, icebox, head, galley, can sleep 5, and lots more!

Please take a look, she's currently on eBay with pictures and a long
description, he http://bit.ly/dAOa1O

Thanks a lot!

DaemonNite
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 27, 8:13*pm, WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:39:14 -0700 (PDT), Ethical Seo

wrote:
Hello,

Unfortunately for me, but lucky for you, I need to sell my lovely 27'
Coronado sailboat. She's really a beautiful boat, with a VHF radio,
stove, icebox, head, galley, can sleep 5, and lots more!

Please take a look, she's currently on eBay with pictures and a long
description, hehttp://bit.ly/dAOa1O

Thanks a lot!

DaemonNite

That must be the wrong url. *I didn't see any beautiful boat.

I agree, but " beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Looks like a good cheap starter boat. Something to give to kids to
play with on the bay or lake on an afternoon...if it's a nice safe
sunny day. On a scale of 1 - 10 rating day sailors I'd say it's a
solid 3.

Joe

On Mar 28, 6:51*am, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:33:14 -0700 (PDT), Joe

wrote:
Hello,

Unfortunately for me, but lucky for you, I need to sell my lovely 27'
Coronado sailboat. She's really a beautiful boat, with a VHF radio,
stove, icebox, head, galley, can sleep 5, and lots more!

Please take a look, she's currently on eBay with pictures and a long
description, hehttp://bit.ly/dAOa1O

Thanks a lot!

DaemonNite

That must be the wrong url. *I didn't see any beautiful boat.

I agree, but " beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Looks like a good cheap starter boat. Something to give to kids to
play with on the bay or lake on an afternoon...if it's a nice safe
sunny day. On a scale of 1 - 10 rating day sailors I'd say it's a
solid 3.

Joe

The atomic doesn't run according to the seller.

To remove the atomic and fit a bracket and outboard, you are probably
looking at $4000+

Sails for a 27 foot boat? $3-4K

The boat will never be worth what it would cost in the first year of
ownership.

If someone only has $2k to spend on a boat, they can't remotely afford
this one.

The numbers on this boat probably wouldn't work if it was FREE.

Once you spent all that money to staraighten it out, you would still
have a very hard to resell CORONADO.

If you found a Catalina 27 in similar condition, you might have a
whisper of a prayer because of their popularity.

What do you think I should offer for this one? http://tucson.craigslist.org/boa/1647380942.html
The guy who's selling it seems to think there's lead in that thar
6,500# keel, and wants that scrap metal price figured into his asking
price. I haven't told him that it's an iron keel, yet. Needs a total
re-fit. Standing rigging, mast and boom are present, and I think it
might keep me busy for a couple years. Tom

wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:33:14 -0700 (PDT), Joe

The atomic doesn't run according to the seller.

So, how much is another Atomic? Or, just sail the thing...

Sails for a 27 foot boat? $3-4K

Nah. Wasn't that much for *either* of our sails, new, from Lee. There have
to be acres of available sails from all the usual suspects, including
Bacon's, Minney's and Masthead, for a few hundred.

If someone only has $2k to spend on a boat, they can't remotely afford
this one.

Well, there's that :{)) First cost is always least cost in other than new
boats...

If you found a Catalina 27 in similar condition, you might have a
whisper of a prayer because of their popularity.

Or, a nice Freedom, GREAT sailing boats in the smaller ones. If I suddenly
had to go it alone, I think I'd be happy on a Freedom 32, based on our
chartering one during our initial research into whether this (our cruising
life) would work for Lydia.

Couple inexpensive examples of smaller freedoms: yachtworld numbers 2134422
and 2141897...

L8R

Skip and crew, about to go up the arch for the last bits of polishing, and
then off to look at what I suspect to be a major anchor and chain we passed
over on the way to finding shallow enough (!!) water to finally actually go
aground for a half-hour or so while I cleaned the bottom. As the moon
approaches full, we might be aground for a full hour or maybe even a few
minutes more. So much for "you can't go anywhere in the Bahamas with a 7'
draft!

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your ebriated
and scrutible use of delible and defatigable, which are gainly, sipid
and couth. We are gruntled and consolate that you have the ertia and
eptitude to choose such putably pensible tithesis, which we parage.

Stamp out Sesquipedalianism

On Mar 28, 9:36*am, wrote:

You can buy a similar boat in decent shape for a lot less than it
would cost to "fix one up".

Boats such as that have a negative cash value.

A boat that has been continuously maintained is pretty much always a
better deal. Once a boat has been neglected for any length of time, it
becomes a bad investment in almost all cases. If you find a derelict
Swan, Hinckley, or something like that it "might" be worth
restoration.

Once a boat goes to pot it's VERY expensive to bring it back.

Thanks for your input. Tom

wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Totally agree. It's much more cost effective to buy something that's been
maintained. The point is to be sailing not fixing. There are enough things
that'll go wrong or need updating with one that's in good shape. Of course,
some people love a challenge. So if you want to "be busy" for a couple of
years and not sailing it, go for it. I did this with a Cal 20 (took months
not years). I won't be doing it again. It was a lot of work, and I would
have rather been sailing vs. working in an uncomfortable sealed suit,
covered with grime and fiberglass.

I sailed a Cat 27 with an A4 for a number of years. It wasn't maintained
really well, but it did have somewhat regular maintenance. It sailed pretty
well, but every system needed an overhall. Eventually, it dismasted due to
poor maintenance/observation on the part of the "maintenance" guy, who never
checked the rigging properly but said he did.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:51:15 -0400, wrote:

The numbers on this boat probably wouldn't work if it was FREE.

Sort of a classic negative value boat, more to fix it up than it is
worth.

"Joe" wrote in message

I agree, but " beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Looks like a good cheap starter boat. Something to give to kids to
play with on the bay or lake on an afternoon...if it's a nice safe
sunny day. On a scale of 1 - 10 rating day sailors I'd say it's a
solid 3.

Joe

At least it's still afloat. By your rating system, Red Cloud must have been
a 1 or a two. Bwahahhahahahah!

Wilbur Hubbard

wrote:
[...]

Out of curiosity, would an atomic 4 logically been fitted to that
boat? And he used the term inboard/outboard I thought - a saildrive?

Cheers,

Bruce

Bruce!

I wanted to send yo an email,
but his address is invalid!

Reply, please to my email address?

Richard

FS: Coronado 25 Sailboat, motor and trailer in western WA Robert or Karen Swarts Marketplace 0 June 1st 06 09:37 PM
The Best Use for a Coronado Captain Lon ASA 3 April 15th 05 04:07 PM
Coronado 23? Jonathan Ganz ASA 8 November 25th 04 07:51 PM
Coronado 20 something Bobsprit ASA 1 August 13th 03 05:52 PM