L. M. Rappaport

Default Clever boat names

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:34:16 GMT, "Jim Carter"
wrote (with possible editing):

Everytime someone asked me where I was going to go for the weekend, I would
answer. " I am going to the boat" . The name for my boat, a 27 foot Doral
Monticello, is "The Boat"

Jim Carter

Perhaps you should have named it "The Office".

--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com
Florida Keyz

seen on a transom on the okeechobee cannal

"Porta Party"

try and say that three times.
Florida Keyz

seen on a transom on the okeechobee cannal

"Porta Party"

try and say that three times.
JimB

Keith wrote in message
** Clever Boat Names **

Kept afloat by an argumentative couple, both chemists:

'Surface Tension'

JimB
Yacht Rapaz, sadly for sale:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim.bae...cification.htm
jim(dot)baerselman(at)ntlworld(dot)com

Brian Irvin

I have a 1968 Chris Craft named "Sporting a Woody" after the construction
material naturally!

")\\\
"Eric McNew" wrote in message
Case Pocket Knife VP "Case Closed"

In article , Keith
wrote:

** Clever Boat Names **

Brace Yourself (Owned by an Orthodontist)

Sir Osis of the River

Aqua Seltzer

Out to Launch

A lawyer's boat called ~ Watertight Alibi

Meals on Reels

The Merri Yot

and, from a landscape contractor,

Yard Buoy

Argonauta

As an Electrical Engineer, I always wanted to name a boat CMOS
(pronounced Sea Moss) for Complimentary Metal Oxide Semiconductor, a
popular semiconductor technology. Most would agree, it is a bit too
obscure and would likely never get pronounced correctly -- save for the
occasional electronics enthusiast.

Ante Topic Mimara

Argonauta writes:

As an Electrical Engineer, I always wanted to name a boat
CMOS (pronounced Sea Moss) for Complimentary Metal Oxide
Semiconductor, a popular semiconductor technology. Most
would agree, it is a bit too obscure and would likely never
get pronounced correctly -- save for the occasional
electronics enthusiast.

Oh my this *is* clever. Why do you then not name your boat "Sea
Moss" but superimpose that name over the letters "C M O S" on
the stern of the boat, or intertwine the letters C, M, O, & S
into the full name. With the help of a talented graphic artist,
you could arrive at a pleasing graphic to place on the boat.

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Boat fell off trailer bb General 31 January 27th 04 10:22 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 07:24 AM
"Chesapeake Bay Boat Buying" followup/Boat search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 December 15th 03 10:50 PM
1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 07:40 PM
Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey Billgran General 60 November 4th 03 03:02 PM